PDA

View Full Version : Cadence Collection Clothing

Makuman
12-09-2015, 01:06 AM
Anyone have a bad experience ordering from these people? Allow me to vent my disappointment. I order a cycling kit on Thursday 12/3 because they had a happy hour sale. Very good deal as normally priced jerseys are $150 with bibs another $150. I place my order and am very excited that soon I will be sporting this bad ass kit. I get confirmation and will receive another email when shipped. I email the company Sunday evening asking if the kit has shipped? No response till Tuesday saying they are sorry but sold out of the jerseys but have the bib. As a sign of good gesture they are willing to send a long sleeved fleece sweater... I live in Hawaii. What are I going to do with a long sleeved fleece sweater???? I am sooooooo disappointed. I understand they want to move stock but if they sold out why don't they make more?? And why did it take so long to get back to me? They should have figured it out on Friday that they didn't have enough??? Comes to a point where I don't want to receive any more of their marketing emails and have unsubscribe do to their lists. Not sure I even like the brand anymore....

brockd15
12-09-2015, 01:23 AM
Definitely disappointing, but check out the thread in the classifieds on the Cedar jerseys. There's a good description from the owner of how the whole thing works and the challenges involved. I'm not sure how closely it applies to the guys you're dealing with, but it's interesting to see the other side of it.

ultraman6970
12-09-2015, 06:05 AM
You can move to buffalo, that will fix your problem :D

Blown Reek
12-09-2015, 06:16 AM
I have nothing but positive things to say about Cadence Collection. Sometimes things happen, but you really can't complain that a $300 kit is available for $99 (or $150, if you're talking the Keta), and is sold out.

Unfortunately, I too got an email stating the jersey that I wanted was not in stock. Oh well, there will be other opportunities.

chiasticon
12-09-2015, 07:21 AM
never ordered from them but do like their stuff. I get the impression that they are a pretty small operation that does limited runs and eventually run large sales on the remaining stock, likely in order to fund manufacturing of upcoming lines. so I'm not surprised if incidents like this happen from time to time. I know it's annoying and a bummer, but I'd personally cut them some slack; nice to support a small business doing cool stuff, and hopefully they'll grow out of such circumstances.

Mikej
12-09-2015, 09:06 AM
Sounds like they did you a solid, sometimes things don't work out.

Dead Man
12-09-2015, 09:15 AM
You have some really high expectations, if that was a major disappointment in your life, OP. Perhaps God is sending you tribulation to grow your soul, season you into a realistic person.

I would have just answered them and moved on with life.

I doubt they can just "make more" cycling kit... I do not have any first hand knowledge on this company or how they manufacture stuff, but if they're clearancing kit, it's because the production run for that kit is over, they've started, or at least started re-tooling for, the next production run, and they just need to make room for the new stuff. And that's assuming they actually make their own kit. If they're like anyone else, they have their kit made in China with lead times, shipping times, and minimum orders.

apeescape
12-09-2015, 09:32 AM
My guess is on that Happy Hour sale they had a system issue that over-sold a certain product. Cadance does not manufacturer clothes they just design the clothing and contract it out. I think CAPO makes their stuff. Re-orders have minimums and my guess is if they were blowing out a kit they don't want to reorder more.

livingminimal
12-09-2015, 12:12 PM
Holy sense of entitlement...is this for real?

jtakeda
12-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Cadence isn't some mega corporation pumping out thousands of bibs.

They do very limited runs and sometimes when they run a massive sale people buy faster than they can count.

I don't own their kit, nor do I really like it, but I know they aren't a big company.

JAllen
12-09-2015, 04:29 PM
I would explain that the good gesture piece isn't suitable for your climate and they would probably be happy to give you something more appropriate.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

velotrack
12-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Gotta defend the OP here.
A year ago they sold me a pair of jeans for 50% because I had a code (black friday, probably). Shipping confirmation, everything. Then about a week later I receive an email saying they don't have it in stock. I say, okay, when you get more in stock, can I get the 50% off? They said no, I would have to pay full price. Seemed silly to me, and I definitely showed my frustration. Was redirected to someone else who eventually relented, but by that time, I had totally given up on the idea of those pants anyways.

Another time, about a month ago, bought a jersey from them (it was like, $40). Emailed me a few days after saying it was out of stock, but they could send me a different one - I said no, they gave me a refund, no harm done. They just do an AWFUL job of keeping inventory, in my opinion.

Also, never buy their stuff when it's not on sale. They run 30-50% all the time.

jmoore
12-09-2015, 05:04 PM
I have never dealt with Cadence, but I can tell you that inventory management for small companies is sketchy at best. The orders coming in on the website are often ahead of the inventory system. And restocking is hardly an easy process. Unless they are sewing their own stuff, they have minimums to meet, etc. so a reorder is not necessarily a given, esp if they are requesting a quick turnaround.

Email them and tell them you would prefer a refund instead of the sweater. I bet they do it.

livingminimal
12-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Gotta defend the OP here.
A year ago they sold me a pair of jeans for 50% because I had a code (black friday, probably). Shipping confirmation, everything. Then about a week later I receive an email saying they don't have it in stock. I say, okay, when you get more in stock, can I get the 50% off? They said no, I would have to pay full price. Seemed silly to me, and I definitely showed my frustration. Was redirected to someone else who eventually relented, but by that time, I had totally given up on the idea of those pants anyways.

Another time, about a month ago, bought a jersey from them (it was like, $40). Emailed me a few days after saying it was out of stock, but they could send me a different one - I said no, they gave me a refund, no harm done. They just do an AWFUL job of keeping inventory, in my opinion.

Also, never buy their stuff when it's not on sale. They run 30-50% all the time.

I'm not arguing that Cadence is great or sucks (personally, not a fan) but you seem to be representing your issue in a far more constructive way.

cv1966
12-09-2015, 05:23 PM
That's a bummer but stuff happens.