PDA

View Full Version : Seller Privileges

tsells1
12-08-2015, 03:06 PM
Hey guys trying to find out out to attain privileges for posting in classified.

earlfoss
12-08-2015, 03:08 PM
You can start by reading the rules thread on the classifieds page... :crap:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=153038

Keith A
12-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Thanks earlfoss...

3.) Any Forum members will not be allowed to post a message (new or responding to an existing one) in the Classified section until they have at least 30 postings in the other sections of the Forum and have been a member for at least 30 days. We have enabled the forum software from vBulletin to enforce this rule, and you will see a message stating that you do not have permission to access this page if you try to post in the section before you are allowed to do so.

tsells1
12-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Yup it's right there in the in the T&C's, i glanced right over it, it was too bold :crap:

Ken Robb
12-08-2015, 05:15 PM
"TSELLS" I guess we shouldn't jump to conclusions about his motivation for joining but I would feel better if his forum name was TPOSTS or TSHARES. :)

tsells1
12-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Not to be a wise guy but "sells" is actually my legal name at birth, its just a coincidence. T is the initial of my first name.

It can only get miss construed if you try and make more than what it is. :bike:

Cicli
12-08-2015, 06:26 PM
Not to be a wise guy but "sells" is actually my legal name at birth, its just a coincidence. T is the initial of my first name.

Welcome. Nice to see you are off to a good start here. This is a nice corner of the internet and the members aim to keep it that way. That said, participate and be a member of the community. You make like it here. Or, you came to fluff your post count and sell stuff. In that case if you are selling something good and bike related and are asking one American dollar shipped, I will take it. You dont even have to waste 27 more posts in this thread waiting to get into classifieds. Enjoy.

kramnnim
12-08-2015, 06:27 PM
if you're selling a 52s C59 for $1.5k, I call dibs!

tsells1
12-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Nice to be in a happy place :beer:

Louis
12-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Nice to be in a happy place :beer:

So, TS, tell us what sort of riding do you do and what bikes are you going to be keeping. (don't bother telling about what you want to sell, that would be perceived as a tricky way to advertise before you're legal).

Keith A
12-08-2015, 07:43 PM
if you're selling a 52s C59 for $1.5k, I call dibs!Too late...that's my size. BTW, I do have a C-50 in that exact size :)

makoti
12-08-2015, 08:11 PM

Hey, explaining it drives up your post count, so it's a win! :banana:

campy man
12-08-2015, 09:56 PM
welcome bro ... you have landed in a good spot.

johngmartin
12-09-2015, 08:21 AM
Welcome tsells. Glad to see you have no apprehension about using the smilies right out of the gate - you will be right at home here. :banana:

purpurite
12-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Just a comment from the peanut gallery as a relatively new forum member and observer.

I fully understand the want to protect the community from devious sellers. I even follow the logic on the 30-day waiting period--I get it. But there are plenty of members who might want to sell items that either 1) don't have experience or insight to contribute/add value in the discussion community or, 2) are not interested in being highly visible in a forum discussion.

I own & manage a 16-year old motorsports discussion community of about 22,000 members--most don't have 30+ posts, and some have been around since the beginning of the site. I'm also aware that our Classifieds are one of the biggest traffic drivers in and to my site. It's the nature of the beast. It's a Catch-22 of trying to protect the community and not hand-cuffing the honest sellers who might not want to contribute 30+ posts to a site. I'd rather see quality content and not quantity, in any discussion community, but that's just my opinion.

:beer:

doug

tsells1
12-09-2015, 12:22 PM
Louis i've been around road bikes so long the years make my head spin, didn't plan on time pasting so fast :o

I'm currently managing three different bikes, typically most who have more than one usually end up riding their latest investment then tell the world the newest bike is the best rig they've ever ridden, who wouldn't say that after just mortgaging their house. :D

I got a Look 595, Colnago EPS and my old custom aluminum race bike from years back, all campy with carbon aero clinchers. Each bike is unique to itself.

Must say I recently re-assembled the aluminum beer can and outside of the teeth jarring its is the most responsive of the three. :p

Love the Colnago though, the fit is right and moves around like its connected to my body.

The Look was ideal at the time with the integrated seat mask, I still ride it at the RB training ride. Accelerates good, stiff and I don't value it as much as the others.

That beer can though has my head spinning, i've been chasing that setup feel for quite some time, little did i realize I had it all along just wasn't using it.

Technology is a funny thing, sometimes we get caught up in it too much. easy to say though :crap:

campy man
12-09-2015, 12:48 PM
yeah ... those delta cases/tsunami frames were sweet crit machines :cool:

unterhausen
12-09-2015, 01:00 PM
so many people come onto forums to sell something and not participate. This rules at this place make it easier to find a trustworthy seller. And you don't have to pay, just participate. Seems fair.

sparky33
12-09-2015, 01:09 PM
I fully understand the want to protect the community from devious sellers. I even follow the logic on the 30-day waiting period--I get it. But there are plenty of members who might want to sell items that either 1) don't have experience or insight to contribute/add value in the discussion community or, 2) are not interested in being highly visible in a forum discussion.

....I'd rather see quality content and not quantity, in any discussion community, but that's just my opinion.

I get that, but assessing content quality is a cumbersome task.

30/30 is a low doorstep. Folks who are in boat 1 or 2 need to put in a bit of forum participation to demonstrate to others that they are reasonable well-meaning forum residents who are not just transient opportunists or crazy.

I have more than once skimmed the recent posts of a new buyer/seller before transacting to make sure there aren't any red flags that may lead to an unreasonable hassle. It turns out that we have plenty of upstanding crazy people.

purpurite
12-09-2015, 01:11 PM
so many people come onto forums to sell something and not participate. This rules at this place make it easier to find a trustworthy seller. And you don't have to pay, just participate. Seems fair.

Totally fair. It's just we're not in kindergarten anymore. We shouldn't have to force someone to speak up in class if they don't want to (but have a pair of pedals to sell to someone who might be able to use them). Knowhatimean? I'd be willing to wager that out of the 17,000+ users registered here, about 15,000 of those users are not regular visitors to the site or are forum lurkers. Likely more than that. Generally, active forum content participation is made up of about 3% of the registered user base.

purpurite
12-09-2015, 01:21 PM
30/30 is a low doorstep. Folks who are in boat 1 or 2 need to put in a bit of forum participation to demonstrate to others that they are reasonable well-meaning forum residents who are not just transient opportunists or crazy.

I have more than once skimmed the recent posts of a new buyer/seller before transacting to make sure there aren't any red flags that may lead to an unreasonable hassle.

Good points all, but activity should never be misinterpreted as accomplishment. ;)

If I was looking to scam someone out of cash by selling and not delivering, the 30/30 isn't really going to deter me too much--it will just force me to work a little harder to do it and wait a little longer. I'm not, by the way :), I'm just saying that it's merely a minor inconvenience if someone really wants to take your money.

FlashUNC
12-09-2015, 01:34 PM
I've got nearly 7,000 posts and I clearly add very little to the discourse.

Formulasaab
12-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Shoot, there's at least one very nice fellow on here who speaks up all the time and he claims in his signature he's an idiot. A little truth in advertising is refreshing.

purpurite
12-09-2015, 01:53 PM
I've got nearly 7,000 posts and I clearly add very little to the discourse.

My kinda forum poster.

54ny77
12-09-2015, 01:58 PM
i don't sell or buy stuff from people who do nothing but post in the classifieds. that's my own choice, it's neither here nor there. simply would rather deal with someone who is at least 50% postings in threads other than classifieds, which tells me they're part of this community.

frankly i dunno what those people do (who live in the classifieds). there's some who have hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of classfieds (and only classifieds) postings. nice even have nice stuff, sure, but what are they, employees selling things off the back of the truck?

campy man
12-09-2015, 03:36 PM
I got a Look 595, Colnago EPS and my old custom aluminum race bike from years back, all campy with carbon aero clinchers.

bro ... u need to post some pics of your stable in the gallery. doesn't hurt to get some extra posts and a little closer to the magic number you're seeking :D

velomonkey
12-09-2015, 03:57 PM
30/30 is a low barrier of entry.

Honestly, I think everyone should writer a paper on press fit BBs - cover their pros and cons and technically explain the difference between press fit - BB30, praxis rings, the new King thing they are pushing, english threaded and Italian threaded. 20 pages should do the trick.

Mods can look it over and decide if the entry is worthy. Oh, count me as someone that wants to see a pic of that EPS - sweet bike.

tsells1
12-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Man guess I better get a pic posted of the EPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shovelhd
12-09-2015, 04:40 PM
i don't sell or buy stuff from people who do nothing but post in the classifieds. that's my own choice, it's neither here nor there. simply would rather deal with someone who is at least 50% postings in threads other than classifieds, which tells me they're part of this community.

frankly i dunno what those people do (who live in the classifieds). there's some who have hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of classfieds (and only classifieds) postings. nice even have nice stuff, sure, but what are they, employees selling things off the back of the truck?

Flippers. They finance their habit this way.

tsells1
12-13-2015, 01:50 AM

Honestly, I think everyone should writer a paper on press fit BBs - cover their pros and cons and technically explain the difference between press fit - BB30, praxis rings, the new King thing they are pushing, english threaded and Italian threaded. 20 pages should do the trick.

Mods can look it over and decide if the entry is worthy. Oh, count me as someone that wants to see a pic of that EPS - sweet bike.

Per request

tsells1
12-13-2015, 01:57 AM

Per request

thegunner
12-13-2015, 02:25 AM
i'm going to nit pick and call out the chain on small ring :p seriously, nice bike

beeatnik
12-13-2015, 03:43 AM
Love the Colnago though, the fit is right and moves around like its connected to my body.

The Look was ideal at the time with the integrated seat mask, I still ride it at the RB training ride. Accelerates good, stiff and I don't value it as much as the others.

World Famous Rose Bowl?

sparky33
12-13-2015, 05:59 AM
i'm going to nit pick and call out the chain on small ring :p seriously, nice bike

yeoman's work right there.

That should credit as 3 posts at least.