PDA

View Full Version : CSC invitational , June 3 Arlington VA

Smiley
05-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Any forumites planning to be there, lets meet or better yet, if your coming from Merryland lets ride in togther. Show the love here by advising your race day status ?

http://www.csc.com/mms/cycling/en/mcs/mcs401/displayMcs.jsp?id=583

Moosedryvr
05-28-2006, 07:23 AM
I'll be bringing the wife and kids this year. Took my 8 yr old son last year and he had a blast. He's been talking about riding in the kids' "race" ever since. We paid the $20 to have access to the Health Net "Break Away Club" last year and will do it again. Free cow bells, awesome seating at start/finish and all the members of the HealthNet squad were there to sign posters/cycling caps, etc. My son loved it. Would be a perfect meeting place and I believe the $20 is donated to charity.

SPG

djg
05-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Less than two miles from home and I may not be able to make it. I'm slated to be at a conference in Baltimore F & S--my spiel is on Friday, and it's possible I'll worm my way out of Saturday's festivities, but ... I dunno.

learlove
05-28-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm on reserve on the 3rd. My crashpad is in crystal city so if I don't get called out to fly early I'll be there.

flydhest
05-29-2006, 02:55 PM
the Doctor and I are thinking about rolling over by bike to watch.

znfdl
05-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Smiley will not be there. I prefer to ride my bike than watch people ride their bike. :D

Smiley
06-02-2006, 04:22 PM
almost forgot ....RT are you INNNNNN

Moosedryvr
06-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Got stuck on a last minute flight to LA for the weekend, so will be not be attending after all. Hope everyone has a great time.

SPG

Rapid Tourist
06-02-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. Smiley, I'm going to lay low this weekend. Too much biking last weekend! Have fun! :banana:

flydhest
06-03-2006, 09:06 PM
A lot of fun and a good men's pro race. The Doctor and I were late to see the women's race, but we got to run into Smiley with a couple of friends as well as Korn Julio and djg.

The race had everything you could want, long-lasting breaks, those breaks getting caught, attacks and counterattacks.

Highlights included seeing a Scott (I think) frame after an accident with the head tube separated from both the top tube and the downtube. Also, one of the racers broke his Speedplay cleat off--it was on the pedal still when he went into neutral support. The mechanic used tape and a strap to attach his shoe to the pedal. Very reminiscent of the end of Breaking Away.

A good time overall. Great to see Korn Julio and djg again after Nottrott.

It's always good to see Smiley.

djg
06-04-2006, 08:06 PM
A lot of fun and a good men's pro race. The Doctor and I were late to see the women's race, but we got to run into Smiley with a couple of friends as well as Korn Julio and djg.

The race had everything you could want, long-lasting breaks, those breaks getting caught, attacks and counterattacks.

Highlights included seeing a Scott (I think) frame after an accident with the head tube separated from both the top tube and the downtube. Also, one of the racers broke his Speedplay cleat off--it was on the pedal still when he went into neutral support. The mechanic used tape and a strap to attach his shoe to the pedal. Very reminiscent of the end of Breaking Away.

A good time overall. Great to see Korn Julio and djg again after Nottrott.

It's always good to see Smiley.

I caught all but the first few laps of the men's race, which really was pretty good (although with a couple more crashes than necessary). Good long, strong break from Huff, whom I hadn't heard of, joined by a couple others (without Cruz doing nearly all the work, I don't think they would have closed it up). It was nice running into flydhest and his lovely personal physician. Korn too. Sorry to have missed Smiley.