PDA

View Full Version : UPS Scheduled Delivery - delayed three times!

weisan
12-08-2015, 04:17 AM
I don't know whether anyone else has experienced this before but this is the first time I have seen this...I ordered a rim from Bikewagon and it's delivered through UPS and I have been tracking it ...every time it says the truck is out for delivery, i will sit by the window and stare out at the sky, pinning and waiting for my lover...er...I mean, for the package to arrive and then as it gets darker outside , with nightfall arrives that hope diminishes, and then finally, the tracker was updated with "Delivery will be delayed by one business day" This was repeated three times in a row...I can understand the second delay notice because it was the weekend...but I am beginning to have a vision of the wheel box coming in at the door, tattered, squashed and compacted down to the size of a chihuahua....:D

No wonder every time the UPS guy saw the box, he's backed off from delivering it and would rather have the next guy be the bearer of bad news...

Am I being paranoid or jumping the gun here...like a lot of my pals or threads that get started this way involving complaints about sellers or vendors who did not deliver right on time *MY TIME! at my doorstep with a bow nicely tied and gift wrapped? for what??? for the 90 bucks that I paid...big deal! :rolleyes:

Bruce K
12-08-2015, 04:21 AM
Did you call the facility ?

If it doesn't show by late afternoon I would call and request that it be taken off the truck and held for you to come get it

BK

weisan
12-08-2015, 04:26 AM
Did you call the facility ?

If it doesn't show by late afternoon I would call and request that it be taken off the truck and held for you to come get it

BK

No,not yet... Bruce pal, I am not that desperate or willing to entertain the trouble of driving over there...it's just a rim.

My post is more about the three-hits-misses....never happened to me before. Or maybe it did in previous deliveries, I just didn't follow the tracker as closely as I did this time.

Cicli
12-08-2015, 04:32 AM
Maybe the guy staring out the window scares the guy away?
Do you wear pants in the house?

Seriously, Never seen this before. I tracked one package to my front door then tracked all the way back to the sender.

weisan
12-08-2015, 04:35 AM
Do you wear pants in the house?

No. It's Rapha all the way man.
How do you know that?
Are you peeping at me??!
:D

Cicli
12-08-2015, 04:41 AM
No. It's Rapha all the way man.
How do you know that?
Are you peeping at me??!
:D

Maybe I am the UPS man?

Want your rim or not? :D

Leave a jelly dounut and your autographed picture of Jamie Farr in a wedding dress at the front door or your rim will never bee seen again.

oldpotatoe
12-08-2015, 06:02 AM
I don't know whether anyone else has experienced this before but this is the first time I have seen this...I ordered a rim from Bikewagon and it's delivered through UPS and I have been tracking it ...every time it says the truck is out for delivery, i will sit by the window and stare out at the sky, pinning and waiting for my lover...er...I mean, for the package to arrive and then as it gets darker outside , with nightfall arrives that hope diminishes, and then finally, the tracker was updated with "Delivery will be delayed by one business day" This was repeated three times in a row...I can understand the second delay notice because it was the weekend...but I am beginning to have a vision of the wheel box coming in at the door, tattered, squashed and compacted down to the size of a chihuahua....:D

No wonder every time the UPS guy saw the box, he's backed off from delivering it and would rather have the next guy be the bearer of bad news...

Am I being paranoid or jumping the gun here...like a lot of my pals or threads that get started this way involving complaints about sellers or vendors who did not deliver right on time *MY TIME! at my doorstep with a bow nicely tied and gift wrapped? for what??? for the 90 bucks that I paid...big deal! :rolleyes:

Maybe he's put off by some guy sitting in the window staring at him?

Tihsepa beat me to it..:D

weisan
12-08-2015, 06:24 AM
Maybe he's put off by some guy sitting in the window staring at him?

Tihsepa beat me to it..:D

but but...but I have this in my hands waiting for him....??

https://www.ftdimg.com/pics/products/E4-4822_330x370.jpg

oldpotatoe
12-08-2015, 06:27 AM
but but...but I have this in my hands waiting for him....??

https://www.ftdimg.com/pics/products/E4-4822_330x370.jpg

Is it a rim or a Campagnolo 50th anniversary clock? Or maybe a bubble-back Rolex?

A rim?

weisan
12-08-2015, 06:29 AM
Yup. A rim as in...

HED C2 ...Belgium no less.

https://lfgss.microco.sm/api/v1/files/d17d0ac5b16937b664a3a028c48ec10b98eee1a2.jpg

pinkshogun
12-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Weisan-pal...."a watched pot never boils"

paredown
12-08-2015, 07:57 AM
I suspect it the over-full trucks at Christmas, and an overly optimistic delivery schedule. The guy is not finishing his route.

I would call customer service if it doesn't come today and ask that it be bumped to the 1st AM delivery--usually there is a truck doing all the rush parcels/mail.

guido
12-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Holiday hell has arrived...

AJM100
12-08-2015, 08:01 AM
probably under an Amazon box.

eddief
12-08-2015, 09:02 AM
is on that same delay truck. ···?

Hank Scorpio
12-08-2015, 09:09 AM
I am waiting on two pair from Ornot and they are delayed as well.

unterhausen
12-08-2015, 09:11 AM
I have a friend that lives out in the country and he gets this all the time. Those of us that live closer to civilization are spoiled. OTOH, I ordered something from Amazon last week, and they took their sweet time getting it on the truck. So it hit during the black friday rush and got delayed. That was annoying.

EPIC! Stratton
12-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Probably under my now 5 amazon boxes that have all been delayed. Honestly, I hate dealing with shipping this time of year. It's such a cluster no matter whom you use. :crap::crap::crap:

weisan
12-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Latest update "

Bruce K
12-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Kind of OT but related....

USPS just closed a bunch of sort facilities.

There are TRUCKLOADS of items waiting to be sorted after being re-routed.

Plus the holiday thing to boot.

BK

weisan
12-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Right.

So the stuff that I ordered a week ago is still in transit but this thing that was procured through Amazon just two days ago, showed up at the door...

Cicli
12-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Right.

So the stuff that I ordered a week ago is still in transit but this thing that was procured through Amazon just two days ago, showed up at the door...

A bit late for cross season isnt it? ;)
Nice bike anyway.

unterhausen
12-09-2015, 12:12 AM
that bike is cool, but the fork is on backwards

Louis
12-09-2015, 01:01 AM
I bought some moto-bike stuff from a ADVRider forum guy who lives in southern Missouri. His wife dropped it off at the post office and he sent me the tracking number. Predicted delivery day was either one or two days after it was dropped off. I watched it come up to the St Louis area, then inexplicably head east to Indianapolis. It then did a U-turn and came back to St Louis and was finally delivered to me, with a two or three day delay (don't remember exactly). I have no clue why that happened, and there were no extra markings on the package to explain the detour.

Louis
12-09-2015, 01:02 AM

And the stem is too short.

weisan
12-09-2015, 01:39 AM

Unter pal, thanks for pointing that out. I realized that after I posted the picture and that problem has since been remedied.

weisan
12-09-2015, 06:26 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed...at least they started off early today at 2 AM....

providence
12-09-2015, 06:51 AM
Work for UPS, albeit have not been in operations for quite some time. I'd be a little concerned at this point and would be calling your hub to hold it for will call (you going to the facility to pick it up). Origin scan is a generic scan that basically means they believe it's somewhere on property. There's another scan that takes place where it's actually been processed through the system. It very well could be on the truck which delivers to your route and he's just not able to finish his heavy workload (common this time of year), but generally that's a high priority package the following day. I'd be fairly confident in saying your package was misloaded into a wrong , neighboring truck and the drivers weren't able to get together to make sure it gets delivered due to workload. But having that happen over multiple days is highly uncommon.

You could be getting it today, but I'd advise calling today (before 830am) and make sure your package is actually accounted for and not misplaced somewhere throughout the facility.

I bought some moto-bike stuff from a ADVRider forum guy who lives in southern Missouri. His wife dropped it off at the post office and he sent me the tracking number. Predicted delivery day was either one or two days after it was dropped off. I watched it come up to the St Louis area, then inexplicably head east to Indianapolis. It then did a U-turn and came back to St Louis and was finally delivered to me, with a two or three day delay (don't remember exactly). I have no clue why that happened, and there were no extra markings on the package to explain the detour.

What happens in this case is that the package was misloaded into the wrong trailer (i.e. the loader made one of the more common mistakes in the building) and it was sent far off course. As in states away. Not like in the above case where a misload would only make it as far away as a neighboring town at most.

Around this time of year when numerous temps and new employees in general are brought in to attempt to control the huge increase in volume, it happens more often.

weisan
12-09-2015, 07:04 AM
thank you providence pal, talking to the rep on the phone now...

shovelhd
12-09-2015, 07:15 AM
Kind of OT but related....

USPS just closed a bunch of sort facilities.

There are TRUCKLOADS of items waiting to be sorted after being re-routed.

Plus the holiday thing to boot.

BK

Not to mention that USPS also does last mile delivery for FedEx (Smartpost) and UPS (Mail innovations), and you as the consumer have no control over it.

weisan
12-09-2015, 07:50 PM
They are here!!!! No just the rim but with three other packages that I have ordered elsewhere.

And instead of coming in a UPS truck, it came as a U-haul, and two guys wearing UPS uniform no less, but one from Maryland and the other from someplace else other than Texas which I can't remember now. They had to call in out-of-state reinforcement.

bobswire
12-09-2015, 08:39 PM
They are here!!!! No just the rim but with three other packages that I have ordered elsewhere.

And instead of coming in a UPS truck, it came as a U-haul, and two guys wearing UPS uniform no less, but one from Maryland and the other from someplace else other than Texas which I can't remember now. They had to call in out-of-state reinforcement.

Happy Endings bring tears to my eyes. Opps, never mind, just my sinuses. :)

SpokeValley
12-09-2015, 08:47 PM
I suspect it the over-full trucks at Christmas, and an overly optimistic delivery schedule. The guy is not finishing his route.

I would call customer service if it doesn't come today and ask that it be bumped to the 1st AM delivery--usually there is a truck doing all the rush parcels/mail.

This.

We had a customer request next day air, paid with their UPS number, and the brown truck folks decided that 1 of 4 overnight was good enough. "Holiday volume" they said.

Refund request submitted.

Birddog
12-09-2015, 10:01 PM
On my way home tonight about 6:30 PM, I saw 2 "Brown" trucks in a strip mall parking lot backed up to a U-Haul box van getting resupplied with more packages. It will be a late night for at least 2 drivers.

unterhausen
12-09-2015, 11:32 PM
I'm surprised that some of these didn't get delivered to the USPS. Always fun when you see "delivered" and then location is "loading dock." Ok, sometimes it would be nice to have a loading dock at my house. I would think that "post office" would be just as easy to type as "loading dock," but maybe it's not in their auto-complete