PDA

View Full Version : MX Leader Fork

campy man
12-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Any thoughts on replacing a fork for a EM MX Leader?

Have seen many used forks out there but wondering if any builders could replicate that fork.

ultraman6970
12-04-2015, 09:20 PM
The blades and the max fork crown was being sold in the bay a couple of weeks ago.

The main problem is to get the fork crown.

DO you need one?? there's one full fork for sale at ebay since a very long time, if you need a longer steering tube that can be swapped by any builder.

campy man
12-04-2015, 09:33 PM
The blades and the max fork crown was being sold in the bay a couple of weeks ago.

The main problem is to get the fork crown.

DO you need one?? there's one full fork for sale at ebay since a very long time, if you need a longer steering tube that can be swapped by any builder.

if you're talking about that orange fork in portland ... there is a reason the fork has been there a very long time.

Kirk007
12-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Much prefer my EM Motorola mx with a lighter fork (how it came from F. Andreu).

Big Dan
12-05-2015, 09:14 AM
The best part of the MXL is the fork.

ultraman6970
12-05-2015, 10:14 AM
I know that part :) a lot of stuff has been there for over a year for the most obvious reason but again... do you need one? whats the reason of wanting to replace the fork??

Those max forks are super nice, the problem is that there is a myth moving around stiffness and those forks that I never really understood, even the forumite that got my last max machine after I talked to him about his impressions of the max for and frame pretty much were... "have no idea why people complain about this tubes, they are fantastic!!"... Think I do have to agree.

if you're talking about that orange fork in portland ... there is a reason the fork has been there a very long time.

Climb01742
12-05-2015, 10:33 AM
The best part of the MXL is the fork.

^^

It's the wand that makes the magic.

Fivethumbs
12-05-2015, 02:45 PM
That's what she said.

bigbill
12-05-2015, 03:10 PM
I rode my MX Leader for a year with an Ouzo Pro fork because I wanted to try threadless in 2001. It rode great but I felt bad about it. The bike is intact now and gets ridden periodically. I got my steel Argonaut with a Max fork but in the end ended up with an ENVE 2.0 to get tire clearance.