PDA

View Full Version : Etxe Ondo online retailers, and bib suggestion

Serpico
05-27-2006, 01:13 PM
etxeondousa.com lists only Terry (women's) and cbike (no longer carries them)--where can I find Etxe Ondo dealers online, there aren't any shops in my state

also, any feeback on the Turnel Bib?

thanks in advance

dsimon
05-27-2006, 02:44 PM
http://www.bicyclinghub.com/ they used to and there great to work with if they dont carry them ask them and they might be able to order them for you

lnomalley
05-27-2006, 02:58 PM
sizes run small. imho these are the best bibs made. if you ever get in ullrich's shorts you'll find an exte ondo chamois sewn in. yup.

Ozz
05-28-2006, 08:58 AM
cbike.com carried Etxe Ondo last year, but now have a message saying the no longer carry it. I sent etxeondousa.com a note last week asking if they have a new online vendor, but have not heard back yet.

I have a feeling that they are concentrating on selling thru shops rather than online...too bad, cuz few shops carry the line and usually only limited items.

I have a couple jerseys, a winter jacket and a pair of bibs. All are terrific stuff. I picked them up via Excel (years ago), bicyclinghub.com (only carries Euskaltel / team stuff now), and Prendas (no longer carries Etxe Ondo, but may still have some closeout items).

If you find an online retailer, let me know!

swoop
05-28-2006, 11:07 AM
drop a line to orbea usa in little rock.... i think they were distrubuting here.

classic1
05-29-2006, 06:51 AM
http://www.prendas.co.uk/

ExteOndo is nice stuff. Prendas used to carry plenty of ExteOndo but don't appear to have much in stock at the moment. (edit - check Ozz's post above) Drop them a line - they might have some on the way.

I can highly recommend them. I once placed an order by phone late on a Thursday and had the goods on a Monday - not bad for UK to Australia!!!! Beware if you call them on the phone - the owner loves to chat :)

Ozz
05-29-2006, 09:44 AM
If you wear smaller sizes, there is a guy on ebay selling a bunch of jerseys and bibs:
http://search.ebay.com/etxe-ondo_W0QQbsZSearchQQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQc oentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfposZQ5AIPQ2fPosta lQQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsacat ZQ2d1QQsadisZ200QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQ sofocusZbs

medium jerseys / small bibs

I have no experience with the seller, but they are so inexpensive, I am a bit suspicious. They are also all the same size??? Maybe he picke up a box that fell of the back of truck headed for a bike shop? ;)

jwb96
06-14-2006, 07:45 AM
I just got my Colorado Cyclist catalog yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see Exte Ondo added to their line. Just two bibs, but it's a start.

Is it the "Golden Chamois" that everyone raves about? The E-O site shows some higher-end bibs with what looks like a more advanced chamois, but the golden looks to be like what I like - essentially flat and mostly seamless. Do I have this right?

Jim

67-59
06-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Jim,

I have a couple pairs of bibs and some tights with the "golden chamois," and I really like it. Flat, seamless, and not too thick....

MartyE
06-14-2006, 09:29 AM
The newer "high end" Etxe-Ondo has sculpted, shaped, red, looks just
like all the others' chamois. The golden chamois is the one that is flat,
roughly circular and feels like honest to god chamois (only better after
you wash it, no need for chamois creme).
The Marke, Olympic and Powerbibs all have the golden chamois.

Call Doug at Bicycling Hub, he was negotiating with Orbea/Etxe last time
we spoke. He thought that Cbike was just clearing their old stock, apparently they have no intention of replacing it.
As stated above they run really small. I'm 5'8" and wear a large, on one pair
I have an extra large and they are wearable. Etxe sizes seem to be based on
height (think Spanish mountain goat types, what's Heras 5'1"?) rather than waist. The Etxe jerseys, jackets etc. fit much like the Hincapie Serotta charity jersey, small.

I was suprized to see Etxe at Richardson Bike Mart, I was equally surprized
to find bibs priced over $250.

marty

MikeS
06-14-2006, 10:38 AM
If you know what you are looking for I have a few items that are new. Even the Liberty Seguros Kit and Vino's National Kit LS kit. Although I do not think I will sell those yet.

Endless Goods
06-14-2006, 12:37 PM
WCP prices are often laughable, but I found a nice sizing chart there:

http://www.worldcycling.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&page=Sizing.html#Anchor-17

My co-worker is a pro on the track (T-Town) and swears by them.

Good luck!

MartyE
06-14-2006, 01:11 PM
I found some of the older bibs (olympic, marke etc.) at Bulltek sports and
the prices are pretty good.

marty