PDA

View Full Version : OT: old fart warning - complexities of taking Flomax and effect on cataract surgery

eddief
12-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Yes your prostate can be indirectly connected to your f-ing eyeballs. Taking Flomax can do things to your pupils and those things can make cataract surgery way more complicated. Flomax-prescribing-doctor never mentioned that to me, but ophthalmologist I saw this week did. They both work in the same building at Kaiser.

http://www.huntingtoneyecare.com/flomax-and-cataract-surgery/

Somewhat more reassuring from another source:

However, the eventual need for cataract surgery should not prevent patients from choosing to use these medications for appropriate indications, since eye surgeons have made considerable progress in preventing complications from cataract surgery in this setting. The most important take home message for patients needing cataract surgery, who also have urologic disease, is to be sure to tell your eye surgeon the name of the medication and why you take it. This will ensure that your eye surgeon is prepared and gives you the best chance for an excellent visual result.

palincss
12-04-2015, 06:50 AM
I was taking it when I had my cataract surgery. Didn't seem to faze my surgeon at all, he just took it in stride. I had a pre-op eye drop regimen my wife did not have when she got hers (from the same guy) earlier this year, so perhaps that's what it was about.

dave thompson
12-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Yes your prostate can be indirectly connected to your f-ing eyeballs. Taking Flomax can do things to your pupils and those things can make cataract surgery way more complicated. Flomax-prescribing-doctor never mentioned that to me, but ophthalmologist I saw this week did. They both work in the same building at Kaiser.

http://www.huntingtoneyecare.com/flomax-and-cataract-surgery/

Somewhat more reassuring from another source:

However, the eventual need for cataract surgery should not prevent patients from choosing to use these medications for appropriate indications, since eye surgeons have made considerable progress in preventing complications from cataract surgery in this setting. The most important take home message for patients needing cataract surgery, who also have urologic disease, is to be sure to tell your eye surgeon the name of the medication and why you take it. This will ensure that your eye surgeon is prepared and gives you the best chance for an excellent visual result. Eddie, somewhere out there is a joke about your arse, a hole in the ground, and/or both hands.

eddief
12-04-2015, 08:52 AM
Sounds like you don't know your arsehole from your eyeballs.

Eddie, somewhere out there is a joke about your arse, a hole in the ground, and/or both hands.

palincss
12-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Sounds like you don't know are arsehole from your eyeballs.

For those who are confused about these body functions, BPH affects #1, not #2.

dave thompson
12-04-2015, 03:08 PM
For those who are confused about these body functions, BPH affects #1, not #2.

..and a couple of other things too, but we old guys already know all this. :D

Maybe your comment was directed more to those folks who complain their saddles make their prostrate go numb. :beer: