PDA

View Full Version : my first XTR experience

vqdriver
12-03-2015, 08:24 PM
i just received a set of xtr pedals from the cc sale and i'll say that they did quite well with the packaging. i know it's just pedals in a box. i know in my mind that they will get beat to crap. and i know that function>form. yada yada.

but i'll admit it, a nice presentation sure makes a good first impression. definitely beats the utilitarian blue cardboard and plastic bags for all my other shimano gear.

MattTuck
12-03-2015, 08:26 PM
i just received a set of xtr pedals from the cc sale and i'll say that they did quite well with the packaging. i know it's just pedals in a box. i know in my mind that they will get beat to crap. and i know that function>form. yada yada.

but i'll admit it, a nice presentation sure makes a good first impression. definitely beats the utilitarian blue cardboard and plastic bags for all my other shimano gear.

We need pictures!

vqdriver
12-03-2015, 08:28 PM
lol, yes. was too distracted by the kuat rack i (finally) bought to take pics. but i'll toss the pedals and take a pic of the packaging.:banana:

Gummee
12-03-2015, 08:43 PM
If you think the presentation of the pedals is good, you should see the rest of the group.

There's something that little bit nicer about D/A and XTR that Ultegra and XT just don't get

M

benb
12-04-2015, 08:31 AM
Don't you just throw it all out though? I thought the thread was going to be about performance of the parts. :P

jh_on_the_cape
12-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Did you get trail or race?
I am due for new pedals and am not sure which to get. Lots of stuff on the internet about each.
I have older XTR that do not have the cage. I don't find myself wanting the cage.

What was the CC sale?

vqdriver
12-04-2015, 11:22 AM
the race version for 95 at cc. they have the xt version for 60 something.
use promo code cc20 to get another 20% off

chiasticon
12-04-2015, 11:59 AM
my time atac xc8's came in a re-usable tin case, filled with foam, with cutouts for the pedals.

just sayin'...:cool:

SoCalSteve
12-04-2015, 12:14 PM

Dura Ace packaging is pretty slick as well. Marketing is so much a part of our lives and consumerism.

jh_on_the_cape
12-04-2015, 01:08 PM
the race version for 95 at cc. they have the xt version for 60 something.
use promo code cc20 to get another 20% off

that coupon does not work. only for full price items.