PDA

View Full Version : WTB: nice 24" kid bike

binouye
12-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Thought I'd check here before ordering one for the growing kid....
Anyone ready to pass along a Scott Scale RC JR, Cannondale, Kona, or other nice 24" MTB? I'd consider a 24" road bike too, but an MTB would get more use.

whatwolf
12-03-2015, 10:34 PM
Thought I'd check here before ordering one for the growing kid....
Anyone ready to pass along a Scott Scale RC JR, Cannondale, Kona, or other nice 24" MTB? I'd consider a 24" road bike too, but an MTB would get more use.

Where are you located?

jh_on_the_cape
12-04-2015, 06:20 AM
Check out trail craft

binouye
12-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Other side of the country now, in FL.

Where are you located?

binouye
12-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Yes, those are great bikes. But the $1700 price tag, while reasonable for a new kids bike with great spec, is still giving me pause. That's why I thought I'd check here first for something used.

I dropped 4 pounds from our kid's 20" bike by swapping out a few components and using stuff from my parts bin. Instead of the nice Trailcraft cycles I might just build a set of 24" Stan's Crest rims myself, and try to upgrade a less expensive bike, assuming we can start with a decent frame.

Check out trail craft

jh_on_the_cape
12-04-2015, 07:58 PM
I bought a specialized on CL and upgraded it. Still using it though. Invest in an air fork.

Yes, those are great bikes. But the $1700 price tag, while reasonable for a new kids bike with great spec, is still giving me pause. That's why I thought I'd check here first for something used.

I dropped 4 pounds from our kid's 20" bike by swapping out a few components and using stuff from my parts bin. Instead of the nice Trailcraft cycles I might just build a set of 24" Stan's Crest rims myself, and try to upgrade a less expensive bike, assuming we can start with a decent frame.

etu
12-04-2015, 07:59 PM
http://www.islabikes.com/

wgp
12-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Binouye -

Any interest in this bike? It was my son's from c. 8 years ago; ridden all of 50 miles and been up in the attic ever since. Shimano Soma parts, 22 inch wheels. Let me know -

Can't figure out how to rotate the pics rightside up!!