PDA

View Full Version : jan's abandon

Dr. Doofus
05-27-2006, 07:28 AM
jan develops a "back problem" 24 hrs after his name is linked to all the crap in spain, and suggestions that some of his other defecation is about to hit the rotary oscillator....

coincidence?

cs124
05-27-2006, 07:41 AM
....well of course the obvious thing a cynic looks for is some sort of "coincidence"...I just reckon he's crap.

Mud
05-27-2006, 08:21 AM
and decided that the whole racing thing is smoke, mirrors, science and chemistry. You want to believe in truth, goodness and the American Way (I grew up with Superman) but it gets harder everyday. The little exposure I have had to athletes who get to the top, or are close, is that they turn out to be creeps. Nothing will surprise me anymore. And people don't care.

People still believe in Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, etc. Flax seed oil does wonders. I am off the bike 'til D Day and then I will just ride, be in my own world and let the lawyers fight it out. :argue:

catulle
05-27-2006, 08:51 AM
I heard on a Spanish network news broadcast early today that Basso's name has also come up during the recent raid. Also, most of the names found were nicknames or coded names. They made a point of explaining that, according to Spanish law, the faults are administrative and not criminal. And that presently blood doping is not illegal in Spain, but it has been included in a law which has been recently drafted.

In other words, maybe Basso should be concerned. Also, the problems for the people caught in the raid are mostly professional viv a vis sponsors and the UCI (I would guess). It is very unlikely that anyone will go to jail.

Fixed
05-27-2006, 08:57 AM
bro what those kids do has little to do with us bro . so be cool and enjoy the ride , nobody seems to mind musians using drugs we expect it i.m.h.o. cheers

atmo
05-27-2006, 09:00 AM
bro what those kids do has little to do with us bro . so be cool and enjoy the ride , nobody seems to mind musians using drugs we expect it i.m.h.o. cheers

it also helps the listening sometimes atmo.

Tailwinds
05-27-2006, 09:03 AM
it also helps the listening sometimes atmo.

:cool:

atmo
05-27-2006, 09:05 AM

ISFP

William
05-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Why all the smoke & mirriors? All this dishonesty and posturing that they are "clean", yet the busts keep coming.

They should just go Nevada. Make it all legal, take whatever you want, monitor their health for saftey and......legal reasons and let them have at it. Just be honest and run it for the circus that it is.

If an athlete chooses to be clean, more power to him.

"but William, that would be unfair to the guys who want to run clean".

How is that any different then the way it's run today? Many still dope claiming to be clean. And few of them are caught. let's just be honest and run it for what it is...The Gong Show. Watch a re-run of that and try telling me the blow wasn't running freely....

William (loading on caffiene)

Serpico
05-27-2006, 09:26 AM

nobody seems to mind musians using drugs we expect it i.m.h.o. cheers

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=musicNews&storyID=2006-05-24T210339Z_01_N24359993_RTRIDST_0_MUSIC-BAEZ-DC.XML&archived=False

goonster
05-27-2006, 11:19 AM
jan develops a "back problem" 24 hrs after his name is linked to all the crap in spain, and suggestions that some of his other defecation is about to hit the rotary oscillator....

If there is indeed a connection, then his abandon yesterday wouldn't make a whit of difference, would it? You can't hide from this kind of thing.

I think the abandon has more to do with his "training strategy" than anything else.

Dr. Doofus
05-27-2006, 11:23 AM
hey, doof just tossed it out for the heck of it. none of us have any clue, but its fun to guess yo.

pdxmech13
05-27-2006, 12:12 PM
maybe he had to #2 and just couldn't stand to be fotographed like that :beer:

saab2000
05-27-2006, 12:21 PM

coincidence?

I actually think you are reading too much into this. He probably has reached a point where he is tired and the riding becomes counterproductive. Today's stage was a hard one and there was no point in finishing the race in 50th place.

Avispa
05-27-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't think Jan's quitting had anything to do with Spain at the moment, but we'll see...

...and decided that the whole racing thing is smoke, mirrors, science and chemistry. You want to believe in truth, goodness and the American Way (I grew up with Superman) but it gets harder everyday. The little exposure I have had to athletes who get to the top, or are close, is that they turn out to be creeps. Nothing will surprise me anymore. And people don't care.

People still believe in Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, etc. Flax seed oil does wonders. I am off the bike 'til D Day and then I will just ride, be in my own world and let the lawyers fight it out. :argue:

Yeah, people really do not care! Fortunatelly, I just don't have to read anybody's war to learn about all this. Furthermore, think about what I said: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=208524&postcount=18

...They made a point of explaining that, according to Spanish law, the faults are administrative and not criminal. And that presently blood doping is not illegal in Spain, but it has been included in a law which has been recently drafted....

...It is very unlikely that anyone will go to jail.

Very funny, there is always the fine print in all of this crap!

CalfeeFly
05-27-2006, 02:16 PM
I actually think you are reading too much into this. He probably has reached a point where he is tired and the riding becomes counterproductive. Today's stage was a hard one and there was no point in finishing the race in 50th place.
Yellow Jersey (http://www.yellow-jersey.net/blog/526/ullrich-out-of-giro/)

The above site agrees with saab.

If you haven't found yellow-jersey.net yet try it out. They have a newsletter as well. I like it because the writing can say a great deal without a like number of words. (Unlike yours truly.)

atmo
05-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Yeah, but I just don't have to read nobody's war to learn this. Furthermore, read what I said: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=208524&postcount=18

another sybil joins the sybil list atmo -
welcome aboard.

Avispa
05-27-2006, 02:29 PM
another sybil joins the sybil list atmo -
welcome aboard.

You're welcomed; but what does this make you?
Unfortunatelly too many Sybils have been right latelly!!!

BTW, I corrected my statements:

I don't think Jan's quitting had anything to do with Spain at the moment, but we'll see...

Fortunatelly, I just don't have to read anybody's war to learn about all this.

Cheers, bro, it's all fun and games...

atmo
05-27-2006, 02:43 PM
You're welcomed; but what does this make you?
Unfortunatelly too many Sybils have been right latelly!!!

i'm biho atmo.