PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Colorado vs CDA or or CSi

paredown
12-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Hanging out with all you Serotta'ans has encouraged me to keep an eye out for "bargains"--and I am still kicking myself for not just gritting my teeth and purchasing that last bargain CSi that was my size (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=154626&highlight=serotta+csi).

I did spot this on eBay--and there was another one like this recently in the classifieds (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=162014&highlight=serotta+colorado):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Serotta-Colorado-Handbuilt-Steel-Road-Bike-57-58-59cm-Large-Sram-Rival-NR-/331721496331?hash=item4d3c24570b:g:sFQAAOSwcBhWXMO Y

It's been ridden hard and put away wet by the look of it, but still looks tempting.

Anyone have an opinion as to the ride quality as compared to the CSi (that I take to be kind of a gold standard for Serotta steel) or the CDA (Rebel Biker has a bargain one with a dent in the classifieds)

Edit to add: just realized that BigFlax's Csi is still available for a little more money: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=169429&highlight=serotta+csi

Dude
12-02-2015, 11:34 AM
For me, the 2011 CDA is going to ride better than the 1998 CSI. A 1 1/8 headtube, nicer fork and all round more modern tubeset will ride better. I prefer modern bikes though. The csi would feel like a noodle to me.

They are both good quality bikes though.

Likes2ridefar
12-02-2015, 12:42 PM
For me, the 2011 CDA is going to ride better than the 1998 CSI. A 1 1/8 headtube, nicer fork and all round more modern tubeset will ride better. I prefer modern bikes though. The csi would feel like a noodle to me.

They are both good quality bikes though.

I've a CSI and typically ride high end carbon frame sets. Noodle is not one of the ways I'd describe it.

azrider
12-02-2015, 12:52 PM
The csi would feel like a noodle to me.

Have you ridden one ?

Liberace
12-02-2015, 12:53 PM
The Serotta Ariosa in the classifieds is amazing. You should buy it.:rolleyes:;)

rodcad
12-02-2015, 01:02 PM
I have a CSI and a CRL. Both top notch rides in my book.

paredown
12-02-2015, 02:53 PM
The Serotta Ariosa in the classifieds is amazing. You should buy it.:rolleyes:;)

I think so too--but I was trying to figure out if the the tall head tube would work for me.

I'm well past the boy racer phase and like an old school fit (slightly larger frame, fistful of seatpost on a level top tube etc), so I was trying to imagine me on your frame. I thought with the stem almost slammed (or a single spacer) and a 0 degree stem it might be good, but I have never had a "modern" frame so I find it hard to visualize the possibilities...

It is a great deal though!

Liberace
12-02-2015, 03:06 PM
I think so too--but I was trying to figure out if the the tall head tube would work for me.

I'm well past the boy racer phase and like an old school fit (slightly larger frame, fistful of seatpost on a level top tube etc), so I was trying to imagine me on your frame. I thought with the stem almost slammed (or a single spacer) and a 0 degree stem it might be good, but I have never had a "modern" frame so I find it hard to visualize the possibilities...

It is a great deal though!

I ran a 120mm negative 10degree.

KF9YR
12-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Mine is still for sale in the classifieds. I decided to stick at the last price I posted. It's never been ridden so I can't tell you what the ride is like.

I put it in a bike box and if it doesn't sell I'll use it when/if something happens to one of my other road bikes.

Ken Robb
12-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Mine is still for sale in the classifieds. I decided to stick at the last price I posted. It's never been ridden so I can't tell you what the ride is like.

I put it in a bike box and if it doesn't sell I'll use it when/if something happens to one of my other road bikes.

Your what is for sale?

93legendti
12-03-2015, 09:19 AM
That's a pretty bike.

Fwiw, I had a 2002 CSI and a 2005 CDA with carbon stays. The CDA was a rocket, but too stiff for me, even with same wheels, saddle, post, crank, pedals, stem, bars and bar tape. Both were 53cm TT's.

bobswire
12-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Your what is for sale?

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=162014

buldogge
12-03-2015, 10:34 AM
I think you should revise the title/description on your FS ad, to help with the sale. That is a 55.5cm bike, not a 57...with that TT and 589 front center (think it matches the 55 "race" geo)...IMHO.

You might be eliminating some potential customers that don't read thru the thread...

Nice frame though.

-Mark in St. Louis

KF9YR
12-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Thanks! I didn't need the specs when I purchased as it is the same size as my Ottrott and I knew it would fit me.

I'll revise the ad tonight after work and see if it sells.

Of course if it sells something will happen to my Ottrott and I'll regret selling it...

Dude
12-03-2015, 11:41 AM
I haven't ridden that type of CSi in ~12 years. At the time, a top of the line "racing" bike was the ottrott which was on another level.

Maybe noodle wasn't the right word - but either way, i'd want (and recommend) the CDA.

Avincent52
12-03-2015, 11:50 AM
I have no dog in this fight, but I've got to say that KF's brand new Serotta with a carbon fork for $900 strikes me as a bargain, much more so than the ebay bike which has had a rough life.