PDA

View Full Version : Would you swap out a Colnago fork for something else?

FastforaSlowGuy
11-29-2015, 11:45 AM
Colnago has lots of sizes, which is great, but only one fork rake, which sucks. For us short folks, that means trail in the mid 60s. I know this sounds heretical, but would anyone swap out the stock fork (on, say, a C50) for an aftermarket offering with more rake (e.g., Enve/Falz/etc.)?

velomonkey
11-29-2015, 11:48 AM
You could. It might even handle better.

Colnago forks are kind of a must for colnago frames. No other frame really has this requirement but them. Probably because he was one of the first frame builders in the pro peloton with a straight blade fork and his forks almost always look really cool (e.g., star).

Conversly Colnago and Time forks can go on most any bike and make it better.

So, I wouldn't, but you for sure could.

buldogge
11-29-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm not that impressed with the fork on the C50, to be honest. I was ready to dump it when I was running Zondas/25mm Paves after me initial build. After switching to HED Stinger 6s and Vittoria CX 25 tubs, I can live with it.

In my case, on my size frame, it's about the feel, not the rake, per se.

I would have ZERO issue with swapping it out for a painted to match Enve.

-Mark in St. Louis

Colnago has lots of sizes, which is great, but only one fork rake, which sucks. For us short folks, that means trail in the mid 60s. I know this sounds heretical, but would anyone swap out the stock fork (on, say, a C50) for an aftermarket offering with more rake (e.g., Enve/Falz/etc.)?

bigbill
11-29-2015, 12:12 PM
You could. It might even handle better.

Colnago forks are kind of a must for colnago frames. No other frame really has this requirement but them. Probably because he was one of the first frame builders in the pro peloton with a straight blade fork and his forks almost always look really cool (e.g., star).

Conversly Colnago and Time forks can go on most any bike and make it better.

So, I wouldn't, but you for sure could.

I rode my MX Leader for about a year with an Ouzo Pro. It rode well but felt wrong. It's back to original and a guy got a killer deal on the Reynolds fork with a King race.