PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

Aspen
05-26-2006, 09:39 AM
The research for the cool steel bike is done. Mondonico Foco or Pegoretti Duende (would have to have the Duende repainted-a steel bike should have a painted fork in addition in my opinion). Help me decide. Which one?

fiamme red
05-26-2006, 09:46 AM
The research for the cool steel bike is done. Mondonico Foco or Pegoretti Duende (would have to have the Duende repainted-a steel bike should have a painted fork in addition in my opinion). Help me decide. Which one?Are you kidding? This is the Serotta/Pegoretti Forum. What answer do you expect? :rolleyes:

djg
05-26-2006, 09:56 AM
I thought that Mr. Mondonico was wrapping things up, no? Still taking orders?

I'm not sure why you'd need a repaint on the Pegoretti--can you not just order one with a fork painted to match? Perhaps it's a bit of a wait, and perhaps a bit of an upcharge, but it has to be less expensive than having the whole thing done all over again in a way that you'd like.

fiamme red
05-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Out of curiosity: is the Foco lugged?

davids
05-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Pegoretti has duende. Get it, atmo.

wasfast
05-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Mondonico Sr has retired but his son is still continuing making frames.

shoe
05-26-2006, 11:39 AM
i just saw one of the white lugged pegoretti's with blue panels waiting to be built up and what a beautiful looking frame.but then again maybe i am biased since it was a pegoretti that gave me the idea for my paint panels...a truly nice looking frame.,,,..i believe there was a fork with it too so i am assuming that the fork was painted as well since the are holding out for a painted stem...dave

Fixed
05-26-2006, 11:48 AM
bro they both are great and will ride like magic carpet . ...i.m.h.o
cheers

dbrk
05-26-2006, 12:01 PM
I would study carefully the geometries and designs and choose the bike that suits your fit. Note there are significant differences, in sta, setback, front-center, etc., all of which contribute to the fit and the ride. A bike that doesn't fit is someone else's bike, of course. It's hard to draw a conclusion as to which is "better" if only because it is you _and_ the bike that make the fit and ride. Lots to consider. I fit Pegorettis just fine and know that the usually large setback number does me particular good. ymmv.

dbrk

IXXI
05-26-2006, 12:07 PM
http://www.musicpsyche.org/Lorca-Duende.htm

http://duendedrama.org/duendees.htm

i like that juju a lot yo.

Elefantino
05-26-2006, 06:34 PM
I have a Foco steel bike. It is not lugged. It rides incredibly. It's a compact frame. It's more comfortable than my traditional SLX frame or, for me, more comfortable than either my Atlanta or CSi.

I have not ridden Ultrafoco, Life or Spirit, which are now above Foco on the Columbus pecking order.

But it rocks.

That said, buy the Pegoretti. I always wanted one.

rePhil
05-26-2006, 07:14 PM
I have a tigged FOCO custom, semi sloping top tube(not that it matters). It's a very nice ride. I can't imagine another steel frame riding so much better as to cause frame lust.
As for the original question: There are too many good frame builders in the US offering very good product at attractive pricing.