PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most entertaining and exciting cyclist?

Johny
03-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Hey pals,

We all know who is the greatest cyclist of all time. Now, who is the most entertaining and exciting cyclist to watch and why? Again, "...the jerk doesn't count either!!"

Kevin
03-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Johny,

If we are going with forum riders, it is between Sandy and BBDave. Sandy because he can snap a Shimano crank with a single turn (talk about power). BBDave because of the Queen Bee (what a bike). If they are not exciting and entertaining, I don't know what is.

If we are talkng professionals, it has got to be Greg LeMond. Do you remember the final TT at the 1989 TdF? Greg had previously been shot with a shot gun. He still had 30 pellets in his body. He gets to the final Tour stage and he is 50 seconds down on a 24.5 kilometer TT. Greg turns into a "madman" almost "canibal" like. He throws a pair of aerobars on his bike for the first time in TdF history. He rides the TT as though he is trying to rip those very aerobars off of his bike. He gains nearly a minute on a 24.5 kilometer TT and wins the TdF.

For me cycling does not get any more exciting and entertaining than LeMond winning that stage of the TdF. So for me, I vote for Greg LeMond.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
03-28-2004, 06:49 PM
I am an exciting and entertaining cyclist only because I have a COOL BIKE?!?!?!

What about my eclectic collection of high fashion cycling kit? What about my world class cardio fitness? What about the absolutely flawlesss shine on my always freshly shaved head? What about my inspiring and motivational oratorial skills here on the forum? Or my world famous and enviable collection of plastic hillbilly teeth? Huh? HUH???

Kevin, I am at once both shocked and dismayed by your ignorance of my fame and widely varying talents!

And BTW, I can ALSO snap a Shimano crankarm iwth absolutely NO trouble! (Of course, I have to use the Jaws Of Life to do it, but hey, we can’t all be as perfect as Sandy!)

BBDave . . . Plastic Hillbilly Teeth Aficionado of the World!
;)

Kevin
03-28-2004, 08:16 PM
BBDave,

If I had listed all of your attributes I would have made Sandy jealous.

Kevin

jerk
03-28-2004, 08:18 PM
current cyclists:
johan musseuw, lance armstrong, ludo dierckxsons, paolo bettini. all of the above are awesome to watch and can animate a race at any point through their attacks.....all but poor ludo usually animate races and attack at oppurtune times.
jerk

saab2000
03-28-2004, 08:36 PM

1. Marco Pantani (I always enjoyed watching him climb)
2. Mario Cippolini
3. Andrej Tchmil

merlinagilis
03-29-2004, 12:57 PM
I can't believe you guys left out bob roll!!!

bulliedawg
03-29-2004, 01:08 PM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=1792

BumbleBeeDave
03-29-2004, 02:17 PM
--Jacky "Suicide" Durand . . . Always good for a crazy, hopeless beakaway. Then again, it's actually worked a couple of times!

--Tyler "Wobbles" Hamilton . . . Yes, he keeps crashing, but his grit and determination also won out on LBL and the TdRomandie last year with no injuries or crashes. An inspiring combination of talent, dedication, and nice guy.

--Paolo "Cricket" Bettini . . . He animates every race he is in, whether on the hills, in the sprint, or on the breakaway. Just incredible to watch . . .

And, of course, ME! ;)

BBDave

flydhest
03-29-2004, 02:21 PM
past couple of years, my vote goes to Vinokourov.

Lots of attacks in many races, still contesting stage races to the very end. Last year's Paris-Nice and the Tour made him a stud in my book.

JohnS
03-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Who was that Mexican climber who rode for that Italian? Div 2 team , Julio Perez?

Climb01742
03-29-2004, 03:27 PM
he's retired, but i loved watching claudio (i'm gonna butcher this...) chiapucci. his legs and heart were 10 times bigger than his brain, but i loved his insane mountain solos.

today, lance and cippo.