PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Squirrel, did you get tired of cyclists?

MattTuck
11-22-2015, 04:10 PM
I thought I saw you at the Vikings vs. Packers game, harassing the players.

MattTuck
11-22-2015, 05:06 PM
http://static.lakana.com/media.fox9.com/photo/2015/11/22/squirrel_1448231474668_521360_ver1.0.JPG

Veloo
11-22-2015, 05:38 PM
Probably was him cuz I evicted him and his buddies from my roof this afternoon.

verbs4us
11-22-2015, 06:01 PM
In a freak accident years ago, cycling on Cape Cod, I had a squirrel dart out and head straight for me (and they always do) but instead of doing a 180 (as they usually do) this one dove straight into my front wheel. I was doing maybe 20 mph and had the mind to brake with the rear, for fear I might catch him in the pads. He went around a few times at the hub and shot straight out the other side, managing to time it do he missed the fork blade. I thought I killed him, so I brake hard, wheeled around and expected to find ground-up squirrel on the road. But he was nowhere to be found. Probably already off to tell friends when a cool ride he found. They really are made of rubber.

Seramount
11-22-2015, 06:40 PM
I recently had one of the little psychotic kamikaze bastards watch me from the shoulder until the very last second then take a direct line at me, reverse course, and then go right back at me...

I veered hard to the left to avoid contact but ended up braining him with my right pedal.

stone cold kill shot, dropped him in his tracks...

my riding buddy suggested getting a stencil to log kills on the top tube.

Lewis Moon
11-22-2015, 07:06 PM
I recently had one of the little psychotic kamikaze bastards watch me from the shoulder until the very last second then take a direct line at me, reverse course, and then go right back at me...

I veered hard to the left to avoid contact but ended up braining him with my right pedal.

my riding buddy suggested getting a stencil to log kills on the top tube.

We have the same issue with rabbits around here.

Steve in SLO
11-22-2015, 07:08 PM
He is busy with his new gig at Sea World.

Louis
11-22-2015, 07:11 PM

Their escape algorithms evolved (I'll use that term since it's being discussed in an other thread) well before bicycles showed up, so they aren't designed for today's threats. Had you been a fox or a weasel it's more likely that his technique would have worked.

Ronsonic
11-22-2015, 09:12 PM
I have never hit a squirrel or come close even. But, armadillos are an entirely different thing. Twice I've had them panic when I approached and they shot across the trail behind the front wheel and in front of the rear. Yeah, right under. Nails on a blackboard are a melody compared to aluminum chainring on the back of armadillo.

The answer to squirrels is HOLD YOUR LINE. You might still hit the little bastard but no more so than if you try to dodge him and at least you'll be going in a straight line and less likely to crash.

unterhausen
11-22-2015, 11:44 PM
In a freak accident years ago, cycling on Cape Cod, I had a squirrel dart out and head straight for me (and they always do) but instead of doing a 180 (as they usually do) this one dove straight into my front wheel. I was doing maybe 20 mph and had the mind to brake with the rear, for fear I might catch him in the pads. He went around a few times at the hub and shot straight out the other side, managing to time it do he missed the fork blade.
I had a very similar incident. He went around in the wheel, "tink tink tink tink" and then shot out the other side. The whole time I thought I was going to end up going over the handlebars. So maybe it's not a freak incident after all. I wasn't going as fast, because I was waiting for a compatriot to use the portapotty. The only evidence was a little fur stuck in the spokes.

William
11-23-2015, 06:41 AM
:p

jr59
11-23-2015, 07:16 AM
:p

:hello::hello::hello:

Mr. Squirrel
11-23-2015, 11:08 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Minnesota-dramatic-squirrel.jpg

nuk nuk nuk!!!

mr. squirrel

dcama5
11-23-2015, 04:06 PM
I just wish we had a "like" button to push with threads like this. So many funny responses!