PDA

View Full Version : Boardman Bikes

William
11-20-2015, 07:43 AM
Some interesting carbon and Ti offerings on the block...

The bikes are almost unrecognisable, right down to their swish new logo. Boardman's website went live at 5pm on 12 November, redesigned to let customers buy bikes in multiple currencies, and includes a custom bike configuration tool now you can choose any carbon frameset, size, spec, colours (primary/secondary/branding) and paint finish. In all there are 5,202 different options.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/boardman-bikes-reborn-with-2016-signature-editions/

William

gasman
11-20-2015, 07:49 AM
I wonder if they have a model using old washing machine parts.

Those bike look nice.

oldpotatoe
11-20-2015, 07:49 AM
Worked on Drew Scott's bikes(son of Dave) and also one for Dave. Let's just say their first iteration wasn't quite 'up to snuff'. That coupled with sram barends, RTC ones, that we had to warranty 3 times(finally switched to shimano)..Lots of junk in the tubes, poorly designed cable stops and almost un-useable proprietary brakes.

Hope the latest ones are improved. Do see the TT bikes with integrated brakes..hope they work better.

William
11-20-2015, 07:50 AM
Worked on Drew Scott's bikes(son of Dave) and also one for Dave. Let's just say their first iteration wasn't quite 'up to snuff'. That coupled with sram barends, RTC ones, that we had to warranty 3 times(finally switched to shimano)..Lots of junk in the tubes, poorly designed cable stops and almost un-useable proprietary brakes.

Hope the latest ones are improved.

Boardman Bikes has changed. A lot.

Time will tell.

William

guido
11-20-2015, 07:55 AM

That is the Obree line...

Auk
11-20-2015, 07:56 AM

Those would be the O'Bree bikes. . .

Idris Icabod
11-20-2015, 09:49 AM

That's right, Boardman had the Lotus engineering department at his disposal, so given the reputation of British cars Obree was at a huge advantage with his scavenged Hotpoint parts!

gasman
11-20-2015, 09:52 AM

Doh !

Head slap, I know the difference.

Thanks