ada@prorider.or
05-25-2006, 10:56 AM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/may06/may25news3

coylifut
05-25-2006, 10:59 AM
put a fork in him.

ada@prorider.or
05-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Cycling is not dirty," Ullrich said in an interview with the station earlier this week. "There are some doping cases because cycling is hard. It's too bad."

if i was jan i would should up

atmo
05-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Cycling is not dirty," Ullrich said in an interview with the station earlier this week. "There are some doping cases because cycling is hard. It's too bad."

he sounds like a sauerkraut atmo

Johny
05-25-2006, 11:04 AM
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9913.0.html is better

JohnS
05-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I'd be surprised if any of the other teams picked up the LS riders if the team is dissolved. They wouldn't want to attract any increased scrutiny to their own "programs".

ClutchCargo
05-25-2006, 11:22 AM
that wasn't Saiz carrying those euros . . . it was his evil chimeric twin! :eek:

coylifut
05-25-2006, 11:26 AM
I'd be surprised if any of the other teams picked up the LS riders if the team is dissolved. They wouldn't want to attract any increased scrutiny to their own "programs".

Vino's phone is currently ringing off the hook.

JohnS
05-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Maybe someone needs to spend some real jailtime for at least some of the people to get the message.

atmo
05-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Maybe someone needs to spend some real jailtime for at least some of the people to get the message.

isn't some of the irony rooted in the fact that
there's an audience for the sport despite what
we all know to be going on?

i'm guilty. i follow cycling to an extent. do i
care what these guys do to limit the suffering?
yeah, and no. it's been going on since the six day
era. what is so different now?

hey - thanks for reading atmo.

Johny
05-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Vino's phone is currently ringing off the hook.

Disco called and promised a professional program...no funny gym business.

Grant McLean
05-25-2006, 12:04 PM
isn't some of the irony rooted in the fact that
there's an audience for the sport despite what
we all know to be going on?

i'm guilty. i follow cycling to an extent. do i
care what these guys do to limit the suffering?
yeah, and no. it's been going on since the six day
era. what is so different now?

hey - thanks for reading atmo.

I'm guilty too, I just don't care.
As a fan, it's not my job to police the sport.
I cheer them all, until they get caught.
Then I'm sad for them.

There is a little voice in me wonders
what they're injecting every time someone
puts in a good performance. That sucks.
It also sucks to "lose" the Veulta, and have
the winner test positive months later.

I have no "favorite" rider. I'm a tifiosi of the
sport.

g

Fixed
05-25-2006, 12:05 PM
bro maybe that was one reason vino went there he is fron eastern europe .
cheers

atmo
05-25-2006, 12:11 PM
bro maybe that was one reason vino went there he is fron eastern europe .
cheers

why is it eastern europe rather than western asia?

Fixed
05-25-2006, 12:14 PM
yeah bro china swimmers women or men?

zeroking17
05-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Pro cycling is a blood sport.

There was almost universal disappointment yesterday (among fans, not riders) that the final 5km of the stage was cancelled. We were all (me included) anticipating an epic sufferfest, hoping that the tv motos would give us extreme close-ups of the riders' grimacing visages--covered in mud, sweat, and tears--as they struggled to survive. But the torture was cancelled and we all felt let down, somehow cheated that what was promised was not delivered.

I no longer divide pro cyclists into "cheaters" and "non-cheaters." We demand a spectacle, and the sport obliges. Venga, venga, venga...

atmo
05-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Pro cycling is a blood sport.

There was almost universal disappointment yesterday (among fans, not riders) that the final 5km of the stage was cancelled. We were all (me included) anticipating an epic sufferfest, hoping that the tv motos would give us extreme close-ups of the riders' grimacing visages--covered in mud, sweat, and tears--as they struggled to survive. But the torture was cancelled and we all felt let down, somehow cheated that what was promised was not delivered.

I no longer divide pro cyclists into "cheaters" and "non-cheaters." We demand a spectacle, and the sport obliges. Venga, venga, venga...

they shoot horses, don't they atmo?

Erik.Lazdins
05-25-2006, 12:17 PM
In college I knew football players that admitted to taking 'roids. It seems that there are more and more 300 lb linemen in highschool now. Bonds is still playing baseball.

Sadly its not just cycling, but the Saiz deal really really smells.

All these busts are sending a bad message to kids.

atmo
05-25-2006, 12:18 PM

bring back the full figured woman.

Fixed
05-25-2006, 12:24 PM
In college I knew football players that admitted to taking 'roids. It seems that there are more and more 300 lb linemen in highschool now. Bonds is still playing baseball.

Sadly its not just cycling, but the Saiz deal really really smells.

boy our whole culture sends a bad message to kids .our job try and point them in the right direction. i.m.h.o.
cheers

Tom
05-25-2006, 12:25 PM

Because the Mongols went back home.

Johny
05-25-2006, 12:31 PM
man?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/olympics/features/joyner/gallery/05.jpg

from man to superman?
http://espanol.geocities.com/saludybeisbol/img/barrybonds.JPG
http://www.snac.com/images/barry_bonds.gif

William
05-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Fade in to the NBC nightly News......

Brian William: In response to what its sponsors claim is an idea whose time has come, the first All-Drug Tour De France opened today in Bogota, Columbia. Cyclists are allowed to take any substance whatsoever before, after, and even during the competition. So far, 115 world records have been shattered! We go now to correspondent Geraldo Rivera, live in Bogota for the individual time trial. Geraldo?

Geraldo Rivera: Brian, getting ready for the Time Trial now is Vino of the Soviet Union. His trainer has told me that he's taken antibolic steroids, Novacaine, Nyquil, Darvon, and some sort of fish paralyzer. Also, I believe he's had a few cocktails within the last hour or so. All of this is, of course, perfectly legal at the All-Drug Tour De France, in fact it's encouraged. Vino is getting set now, he's going for a time of 6.5 minutes over this 40 kilometer course, which would triple the existing world record. That's an awful fast time, Brian, and here he goes.

[Geraldo steps aside to reveal the steroid-bulked athlete bent over tricked out time trial bike (the ***** in Lance speak). Vino starts mashing the pedals, the frame groans and squeeks, but instead of racing away, his feet are pulled off and blood squirts ferociously out of his pulpy stubs.]

Geraldo Rivera: Oh! He pulled feet off! He's pulled his feet right off, that's gotta be disappointing to the big Russian! [ Vino's's trainer wraps a towel around him ] You know, you hate to see something like this happen, Tom! He probably doesn't have that much pain right now, but I think tomorrow he's really gonna feel that, Brian! Back to you!

Brian Williams: Thank you, Geraldo. Very nice form on the Russian. Canada, of course, is leading that competition.

William :rolleyes: ;)

coylifut
05-25-2006, 12:33 PM
man?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/olympics/features/joyner/gallery/05.jpg

from man to superman?
http://espanol.geocities.com/saludybeisbol/img/barrybonds.JPG
http://www.snac.com/images/barry_bonds.gif

a women who died a premature death

oracle
05-25-2006, 12:49 PM

why is it western asia rather than central asia ?

William
05-25-2006, 01:25 PM
why is it western asia rather than central asia ?

What about South East Asia? , Thailand anyone?

William

oracle
05-25-2006, 01:31 PM
What about South East Asia? , Thailand anyone?

William

east asia is a bit too right of centre for me....