PDA

View Full Version : Paceline forum RSS feeds?

smontanaro
11-19-2015, 04:50 AM
I'd like to incorporate a couple Paceline forums into my RSS reader, but don't see a little RSS URL icon anywhere, and when I handed it the General Discussion main page, it didn't find any RSS feeds. I also tried the main page URL with "&format=rss", "&fmt=rss", or "&type=RSS" tacked onto the end, but none of those worked. Is there some way to coax the vB software into generating output in RSS format?

Thx...

smontanaro
01-07-2016, 09:08 AM
I'm going to bump this. I haven't figured out how to contact the moderators or admins, so hopefully someone with more Paceline-fu than me can lend a hand. There is a FAQ about RSS and podcasts (http://forums.thepaceline.net/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_rss_podcasting ) which reads:

If the administrator has enabled RSS syndication, this lets you view newly created threads in guest-viewable forums without visiting the board.

The fact that I can't seem to find an RSS link for the General Discussion forum suggests that either the admin hasn't enabled RSS syndication, or the forum isn't guest-viewable.

Does anyone know if one or the other of those constraints might change? I, for one, would find RSS handy as a way to keep up with new posts.

Thx...

FlashUNC
01-07-2016, 09:12 AM
Bottom right corner of the page, list of the mods for every section. PM to your heart's content.

smontanaro
01-07-2016, 09:17 AM
Bottom right corner of the page, list of the mods for every section. PM to your heart's content.

Ah, thanks. I poked every button and menu I could find at the top of the page. :crap: