PDA

View Full Version : WTB: broken (shifting) Campagnolo first gen Ergos

nesteel
11-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Looking for a pair of first generation (shark fin) ergos with shredded, destroyed, or otherwise non-functional shifting section. Want to run DT shifters on a 9speed build, and I would like it if the group looked "together". Good hoods and very minimal rash please.

oliver1850
11-17-2015, 10:22 PM
Looking to build to a specific year? Either pointy top or round top Ergo style might be considered correct, as both were made in the 9 speed era. I have never seen the brake levers from that period but can tell you that the Record model number in 1997 was BL-22RECG and that they were polished and pointy topped - carried over from 8 speed era. If you wanted to match them I think the closest looking Ergos would be 1993-1994, with the diagonal grooves on the front of the brake lever. The BL-22RECG continued as the stand alone brake lever until the round top Record carbon levers came out in 2001. Since Campagnolo continued to supply Record, Chorus, and Centaur 9 speed through 2004, round top levers could be considered correct for a 9 speed DT shifter build, though technically only if they were carbon and Record.

thirdgenbird
11-17-2015, 10:31 PM
I have a pair of aero levers similar to what mark speaks of. I'm not sure if they are the same, but darn close.

oldpotatoe
11-18-2015, 06:07 AM
Looking for a pair of first generation (shark fin) ergos with shredded, destroyed, or otherwise non-functional shifting section. Want to run DT shifters on a 9speed build, and I would like it if the group looked "together". Good hoods and very minimal rash please.

Why not find some of these and be 'correct'. I may have a pair..with black hoods. PM me if interested, or email for pix

pchisholm172@gmail.com