PDA

View Full Version : Stage 18 - Potential Spoiler

Argos
05-25-2006, 07:37 AM
So today is sort of a classics finish. Rolling, and at pace hard.

I would think today is one of Savodelli's last chances to try to get back his third.

If feeling better, does Disco try to get a man in an early break, then latter shred the Peleton to try and drop Gibo in the finish in order to gain time?

Not sure who'd work with them, as it'll wind up being an on the fly equation of who's in front and who is in back.

Thoughts?

*I say potential, because as the race carries on, we may discuss events as they unfold here.

Delpo
05-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Think they will save him for the Tour. It would then be consistent with the "allergies" line they have been following.

Delpo

JohnS
05-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Did you see where Velonews stated in their race report that Jan was a "patient" of the doctor arrested with Saiz? Very interesting...

Argos
05-25-2006, 10:00 AM
These guys are destroying themselves attacking each other.... It's a fantastic finish!

sspielman
05-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Could this be the day that Euskaltel redeems their Giro with a stage victory?

Argos
05-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Do not know if anyone was watching the video feed, but that was a great last 10 k.

72gmc
05-25-2006, 11:54 AM
As Paul might say, "Ste-FANN Shoo-MACKA is a very strong bi' ridah"

How do you all feel about the heart rate readings? Part of me finds them interesting, but another part of me lumps them in with radios in the "too much information" category. Seems to me there's less opportunity for gamesmanship and tactics when everyone knows you're at 98% of your max.