PDA

View Full Version : OT: video for oldpotatoe, blue angels slot POV @ 360deg

wallymann
11-17-2015, 11:06 AM
awwww HELL NO!!!

#4 has like no space to maneuver. the slot must always have a fair set of swingers to live day-to-day like this!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/11/12/experience-the-blue-angels-in-360-degree-video/75044212/

oldpotatoe
11-17-2015, 01:23 PM
awwww HELL NO!!!

#4 has like no space to maneuver. the slot must always have a fair set of swingers to live day-to-day like this!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/11/12/experience-the-blue-angels-in-360-degree-video/75044212/

Very farging cool. Those guys eat flowers but sweet video. Anybody get a chance, watch 'Threshold' Blues in Phantoms...seriously cool also.

soulspinner
11-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Peter, is it the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels that do not wear a g suit. Cant remember but I think its the Angels?

oldpotatoe
11-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Peter, is it the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels that do not wear a g suit. Cant remember but I think its the Angels?

Blues don't. USAF all about regs plus the Thunderbirds squat to pee. :eek:

soulspinner
11-17-2015, 01:45 PM

:p

azrider
11-17-2015, 01:49 PM
not that the entire video isn't ridiculous as it is, but starting at around the 2:20 mark it just becomes unimaginable.

Those dudes are friggin studs. Much respect.

unterhausen
11-17-2015, 01:59 PM

gloc only culls the weak, amirite? I'm sure the guy that augered one in due to gloc a while back was going to die in a car crash soon thereafter and the planes are cheap too. I can't bear to watch the Blue Angels, the one time I saw them, they left a pin in the landing gear, so he landed, they pulled the pin and launched him again. I'm not a big fan of the Tbirds, so they might have done that too, dunno, but I was pretty shocked. After that pathetic display I was a lot more worried about watching a F18 crash and burn than I already was. Seems like rejoining the show after stopping is a recipe for disaster, but maybe they practice botching their pre-flight on a regular basis.

gasman
11-17-2015, 02:40 PM
gloc only culls the weak, amirite? I'm sure the guy that augered one in due to gloc a while back was going to die in a car crash soon thereafter and the planes are cheap too. I can't bear to watch the Blue Angels, the one time I saw them, they left a pin in the landing gear, so he landed, they pulled the pin and launched him again. I'm not a big fan of the Tbirds, so they might have done that too, dunno, but I was pretty shocked. After that pathetic display I was a lot more worried about watching a F18 crash and burn than I already was. Seems like rejoining the show after stopping is a recipe for disaster, but maybe they practice botching their pre-flight on a regular basis.

Wow. These guys are the best of the best to fly for the Blue Angels. I have utmost respect for these guys. After their stint with BA they go back to being a regular naval aviator.

oldpotatoe
11-17-2015, 03:09 PM

Gloc, funny. I flew the F-16N for over a year, 9g jet, and never had an issue. USAF, who have had more than one episode, mandated training, USN never did.

And you know about the pin how? Doubt it was published.

As for the 2008 crash, yup, that's what they came up with but I'm guessing a gsuit wouldn't have prevented it. They found nothing with the aircraft so said it was gloc, but still don't wear gsuits 7 years later.

G suit adds about 1g tolerance but really it's about snatching g on or adding it with 'the blow out through clinched teeth' routine, slowly. Those that have good air sense, don't snatch, those that don't, do.

Can't bear to watch the Blues, eh?? T-Birds is like watching syncronized swimming, with jets.;)

tumbler
11-17-2015, 04:39 PM
That's awesome. I biked over to the Presidio here in SF to see them a few months ago, but the fog was so thick, you couldn't see a thing. The noise, however, was incredible. Those guys are on another level.