PDA

View Full Version : Question about 1st Gen Mavic Ksyrium SCC

weisan
11-16-2015, 07:19 PM
The question is:

Does the rim of 1st gen Mavic Ksyrium SCC wheel share the same specs (ERD, OSB) as the later model of Ksyrium SSC SL or Elite?

Mike Cotty
11-17-2015, 03:25 AM
The early Ksyrium's had an ETRTO size of 622x13mm. The latest ISM4D rim is 622x17mm with the exception of the Ksyrium Pro Disc Allroad which is 622x19mm. You can check all of the ETRTO sizes in the 'Detailed Features' section of each wheel at http://www.mavic.com/wheels/road-triathlon#.

Hope that helps. Ride safe and enjoy!

Mike Cotty

weisan
11-17-2015, 04:57 AM
Thank you mike pal!

As a follow up, let me tell you what I am trying to do and maybe you or another pal can advise me further.

I got a set of new rims that I would like to transfer the spokes and hub over from the Ist gen wheel set. Will that work, knowing what we know now of the difference in ETRTO?

oldpotatoe
11-17-2015, 05:50 AM
The question is:

Does the rim of 1st gen Mavic Ksyrium SCC wheel share the same specs (ERD, OSB) as the later model of Ksyrium SSC SL or Elite?

If you are looking to swap to a new rim, no they don't. You can check the hub dimensions, and then use a spoke set from matching the later rim but I think the hub dimensions changed as well...

Another or same reason to not use such proprietary wheels.

weisan
11-17-2015, 06:42 AM
If you are looking to swap to a new rim, no they don't. You can check the hub dimensions, and then use a spoke set from matching the later rim but I think the hub dimensions changed as well...

Another or same reason to not use such proprietary wheels.

yessir!

oldpotatoe
11-17-2015, 06:46 AM
Thank you mike pal!

As a follow up, let me tell you what I am trying to do and maybe you or another pal can advise me further.

I got a set of new rims that I would like to transfer the spokes and hub over from the Ist gen wheel set. Will that work, knowing what we know now of the difference in ETRTO?

Old hub, new rim=new proper length spokes. Mavic made a ton of different length spokes, seems like everytime they made a new model of these wheels.

ETRTO refers to tire bead seat diameter, not ERD, Effective Rim Diameter. First defines tire diameter, second for spoke length coupled with hub dimensions.

All Krysir-iums were 622 ETRTO..meaning 700c tires.