PDA

View Full Version : Interesting way to go out

05-24-2006, 10:41 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Handbuild-the-Last-Kelly-Bike-Frame-with-Chris-Kelly_W0QQitemZ7244591085QQcategoryZ98084QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Sad that he's leaving. One hopes that every hour he isn't building frames after this, he's getting to ride them. Makes one wonder what e-Richie will do when the time comes.

IXXI
05-24-2006, 11:57 PM
that is a cool cool way to do it-- very interesting and good to see.

i have two kellys that i really like a lot (bought one of the last knobby x's just because) and have really enjoyed talking w/ chris on a few occassions. i've never met him, know nothing about him other than a few phone conversations... but he struck me as a real genuine guy, highly motivated to carve out a niche for himself in a pretty competitive environment, while remaining true to a vision of what it was >he< wanted to do. unfortunately it doesn't look like it worked out business-wise, and that is too bad; i'm sure he's learned from it, been frustrated by it, enjoyed it all along the way. it's somehow fitting that he's wrapping it up with a little flourish like this-- seems true to what i know of his personality-- kind of a happy thing during what is no doubt a bittersweet time.