PDA

View Full Version : Which Fizik is closest to a Brooks Swift?

scottcw2
05-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Still thinking of swapping saddles. Is the Aliante or the Arione closest to a Brooks Swift? I see the Arione has the wing flex, but it is a lot narrower in the back. The Aliante is wider (though still not as wide as the Brooks), but does not have the wing flex.

Thanks.

pale scotsman
05-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Aliante. I switched from a swift to aliante a few months back and am happy with it. Tried an arione too, but my butt ( no pun intended) didn't take to it too well.

Rapid Tourist
05-24-2006, 06:35 PM
I use the fizik vitesse on one of my bikes, otherwise I use a brooks saddle (I use the brooks finesse, which is the woman's swift). The fizik vitesse is shaped like the aliante only its a little wider so would be closer to the width of a swift. For me, the vitesse is the closest "modern" saddle I have found in comfort to a brooks saddle.

I tried the arione and found it to be too firm even for me, and I like very firm saddles. Best of luck!!!!

terrytnt
05-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Mid-summer last year I went to the Fizik Aliante... and loved the feel and the look. This week got in my first 65 mile distance ride (of the new season) with NO... hear me... NO butt pain what so ever.

It's going on my new Ottrott in a few weeks.