PDA

View Full Version : FS: Tommasini Super Prestige, 56 X 56 c-c, mostly 8 speed Record, extremely clean

cpsqlrwn
11-13-2015, 08:15 AM
Offering for sale this extremely nice Tommasini Super Prestige. This is the fastest bike that I own. I really rate it as an equal to the DeRosas that I have in terms of speed, stiffness, stability, and responsiveness. It has 8 speed Record components with the exception of the brake calipers and the rear derailleur which are both Chorus. Crankset is 170 mm 52/39 and the rear cassette is an Exa Drive 12-21.

Please disregard the fact that there are some pictures showing the bike with Simplex downtube shifters. I recently changed the bike over to very nice ergo shifters and the bike is being sold with the ergo shifter setup. The bike has always been 8 speed during the 3 or so years that I have owned it.

The size is seat tube and top tube both 56 c-c. This bike is Columbus SPX tubing, a little heavier and more robust than SLX tubing. It has the same helicoidal reinforcements that SLX has but the tubing is generally 0.1 mm thicker which produces a slightly heavier frame and greater stiffness. The SPX fork is identical to an SLX fork.

If you look at the additional pictures, you will see that this bike is in oustanding condition, hardly a mark or scratch to be found. The components are also excellent, a few marks on the rear derailleur can be seen and I tried to capture some extremely light scratches on the outside of the right hand ergo shifter lever and some decal rub on the non drive side chainstay, all in all not much to note. The chrome is unbelievably clean everywhere and feels as though it will stay that way for a long time. There isn't the slightest bit of surface oxidation anywhere.

I am willing to listen to offers as I am not sure of the value of this bike these days. I know the 8 speed components are very nice and the rims are new Mavic Open Pros with new Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX tires (which is why this bike is so fast) which adds to the value.

Asking price is $1300 plus $100 shipping. Also willing to sell frame and fork for $550 shipped.

Saddle and pedals not included.

Shoeman
11-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Beautiful Bike!!!!!!!!!!!! If only it were a 60cm!!!!!