PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk problems - can't login (new user)

smontanaro
11-07-2015, 07:18 AM
I've ignored Tapatalk for awhile, trying it a year or more ago, and not liking it. I decided to give it another try the other day. So far, no good. I entered my credentials in the login screen and poked the Login button. All it did after that was display a pop-up with a "Connecting to server" message and the usual Android spinning circle.

Do others encounter similar problems? Suggestions? Thx...

regularguy412
11-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Yes. About a month ago Tapatalk came out with a 'new and improved' version. I couldn't log in and it forced me to create a new user. I complained to Tapatalk and they 'said' they had it fixed. I didn't download the 'new' version after I removed it.

I still had a copy of the old version saved in my backup on my computer. So I just reinstalled THAT and no problems.

I haven't looked at upgrading that app since.

Mike in AR:beer:

smontanaro
11-08-2015, 06:28 AM
Thanks, Mike. Unfortunately, I only have whatever is available in the Google store.

I checked out the Tapatalk website. It appears they don't provide a way for mere users to provide feedback or ask for help.

Am I missing something about what I should use to login? Am I supposed to login using my Paceline credentials or create an account at Tapatalk?

regularguy412
11-08-2015, 09:19 AM
I just tested the new version. I removed it the old one (DID put back IN the old one) restarted my iPhone and then upgraded it again. Fingers crossed, so far, so good. And I'm able to use my same login on my phone that I use online.

Try sending an email to support@tapatalk.com

Hope that helps.

Mike :)