PDA

View Full Version : bontrager "classique" line

AngryScientist
11-06-2015, 07:47 AM
nice to see some more options appearing for more subdued cycling gear, not plastered with logos, etc.

http://trek.scene7.com/is/image/TrekBicycleProducts/Be_Loud_4_Road_Email_Marquee_640x281-2?wid=640&hei=281&fit=fit,1&fmt=jpg&qlt=100,1&op_usm=0,0,0,0&iccEmbed=0

charliedid
11-06-2015, 08:01 AM
A bit reactive on TREK's part but I'd be lying if I said it didn't look nice.

Cicli
11-06-2015, 08:02 AM
Those shoes look nice.

AngryScientist
11-06-2015, 08:03 AM
A bit reactive on TREK's part

how so Charlie?

FlashUNC
11-06-2015, 08:04 AM
how so Charlie?

Giro did this, what, three years ago now?

Mikej
11-06-2015, 08:07 AM
I like the one short / one long sleeve idea, surprised Rapha didn't come up with that -jk. I received a Bontrager catalogue from my local dealer - they have some really good looking pieces at out standing prices - the classiques were a bit pricey though.

R3awak3n
11-06-2015, 08:15 AM
I think it looks really nice. I think we will get more companies doing this since rapha, etc is being so successful.

charliedid
11-06-2015, 08:17 AM
how so Charlie?

Just that they have simply taken some design and style from a number of places and created a line. The Giro, Cadence themed shoes being the obvious one. A little De Marchi and Rapha tossed in for good measure. No harm...that's how things work in this world. You can't be first and the originator of everything. TREK does this sort of line every few years.

Like I said I think it looks nice.

avalonracing
11-06-2015, 08:18 AM
I like the one short / one long sleeve idea, surprised Rapha didn't come up with that -jk.

If Rapha did that you all would be paying over MSRP for used ones.

54ny77
11-06-2015, 08:27 AM
I have a few Bontrager jerseys (Solstice model) and they are very well made, held up terrific after lots of wearings and washings. Quality materials, no issues. Thanks for the heads up on these new offerings.

FYI, the Solstice model is stylish and more of a club fit, for those who, ummmm, don't look like those anorexic Rapha waifs who could probably use a good meal. ;)

Kirk Pacenti
11-06-2015, 08:31 AM
That stuff is pretty nice. I really like the colorways... are people still saying "colorways" anymore? ;)

earlfoss
11-06-2015, 08:36 AM
The shoes are really nice. I have seen them in person. They seem really well built and thoughtfully designed.

charliedid
11-06-2015, 08:39 AM
That stuff is pretty nice. I really like the colorways... are people still saying "colorways" anymore? ;)

TREK will be saying it soon, now that you did. :D

velomonkey
11-06-2015, 08:43 AM

The cool kids with beards are spell it colourways along with bidons and gilets.

charliedid
11-06-2015, 08:49 AM
The only thing missing is a leather ride wallet and polka dot socks.

jmoore
11-06-2015, 08:55 AM
I like it!

I tried on some Bontrager shoes this summer and they were surprisingly nice. If they would have had the correct size at my LBS I would have bought some. They might make me a convert with this stuff.

I will, however, pass on the leather gloves. Not good

christian
11-06-2015, 09:15 AM
That stuff does look nice. But yes, not first to the post, exactly.

jonnyBgood
11-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Just that they have simply taken some design and style from a number of places and created a line. The Giro, Cadence themed shoes being the obvious one. A little De Marchi and Rapha tossed in for good measure. No harm...that's how things work in this world. You can't be first and the originator of everything. TREK does this sort of line every few years.

Like I said I think it looks nice.

That's the Industry in a whole though. Let someone come up with something cool/different and put all their time and money into it and as soon as it starts selling and everybody wants it... another company comes out with something similar in a little different color or whatnot. Clothing (same colors across the board pretty much by the big brands)... Shoes (dials tie old school look)... Helmets (vents no vents).

Trek has really been upping their game the last couple of years with really nice shoes helmets and other accessories

benb
11-06-2015, 10:43 AM
I have 2 pairs of Bontrager shoes that I love and this stuff does look good but...

I have a pair of Bontrager Bibs.. IIRC they were in the $100-150 range.

They are freaking terrible for that price point considering my Assos shorts were $200. The fit & chamois is just terrible to the point it's like sandpaper. Big mistake.. I wear them once in a while for really short rides.

ghammer
11-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Trek or not, Bontrager makes very good stuff. This retro line is gorgeous and i might pull the trigger on those shoes. stunning. well done, bonti.

charliedid
11-06-2015, 02:43 PM
That's the Industry in a whole though. Let someone come up with something cool/different and put all their time and money into it and as soon as it starts selling and everybody wants it... another company comes out with something similar in a little different color or whatnot. Clothing (same colors across the board pretty much by the big brands)... Shoes (dials tie old school look)... Helmets (vents no vents).

Trek has really been upping their game the last couple of years with really nice shoes helmets and other accessories

Yep, we are saying the same thing. That's as I said "how the world works" not just bikes.

I have nothing against TREK.

parris
11-06-2015, 02:56 PM
I've got some of the Bontrager shoes, gloves, and a few of the Solstice jerseys. I've had good service with all of them but I really like the Solstice jerseys as one of the other posters stated.

bobswire
11-07-2015, 08:57 AM
I see Wiggle has a Classic line also.

http://www.wiggle.com/aw15-classic/mens/?utm_source=1867us-40-sat&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov&utm_content=dhb-classic-collection-2015-mens