PDA

View Full Version : Hutchinson Tire Fiasco

Jeff N.
11-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Decided to give Hutchinson Clincher tires a try, just for something different, so bought a pair of Hutchinson Fusion-3 tires off Ebay. Seated perfectly on the rim, and fully inflated, these tires are wobbly and uneven when spinning the wheel, with the tread varying all over the place. Easily the worst, most poorly made tires I've ever mounted on a rim. I don't know if they were factory seconds or what...they weren't advertised as such...but I boxed them up and shipped them back for (hopefully) a refund. Anyone else have any experience with this make and model of tire? -Jeff N.

regularguy412
11-03-2015, 08:19 PM
Haven't ridden Hutchinsons in a LONG time. Last pair was circa 1999. Really good tires, at least back then. Something musta happened in the interim.

Mike in AR:beer:

Tony T
11-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Was the cost comparable to other retailers? (including the UK)
If not, could be seconds that an eBay seller is selling as new

Jeff N.
11-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Was the cost comparable to other retailers? (including the UK)
If not, could be seconds that an eBay seller is selling as newCost comparable. A bike retailer in Kansas.

ergott
11-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Not consistent with my experience. I've had great luck with the Secteurs. Some haven't though and I think it's batch related.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Keith A
11-04-2015, 12:26 PM
I've gone through a number of Hutchinson tubeless tires: Fusion 2's & 3s and Intensives. I haven't experienced any of these type of problems that you mentioned. The only "problem" is that their 25mm Intensives run small, more like their 23mm Fusions.

benb
11-04-2015, 02:01 PM
I destroyed a set of tubeless hutchinson MTB tires pretty rapidly.. sidewall tear, amazingly Stan's sealant could "almost" seal it to the point the point I was able to ride back to the car with just a slow leak.

Haven't touched em again.. I've never had a tubeless flat since then.

DfCas
11-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Did the tire wobble left to right or up and down?

mecse
11-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Decided to give Hutchinson Clincher tires a try, just for something different, so bought a pair of Hutchinson Fusion-3 tires off Ebay. Seated perfectly on the rim, and fully inflated, these tires are wobbly and uneven when spinning the wheel, with the tread varying all over the place. Easily the worst, most poorly made tires I've ever mounted on a rim. I don't know if they were factory seconds or what...they weren't advertised as such...but I boxed them up and shipped them back for (hopefully) a refund. Anyone else have any experience with this make and model of tire? -Jeff N.

I've ridden this exact tire and had a wonderful experience.