PDA

View Full Version : Ordering From Assos Factory Outlet

93legendti
11-03-2015, 06:07 AM
I ordered some Assos lobster shell mitts from the online Factory outlet on Sunday, normal delivery. Fed ex claims they will be delivered this morning...from Europe...

Is this normal?

oldpotatoe
11-03-2015, 06:12 AM
I ordered some Assos lobster shell mitts from the online Factory outlet on Sunday, normal delivery. Fed ex claims they will be delivered this morning...from Europe...

Is this normal?

'Normal'?...think it just worked out, flight wise, etc.

rwsaunders
11-03-2015, 06:14 AM
50/50...sometimes I get items from them in four days and other times two weeks. It seems to be dependent on the shipping company.

93legendti
11-03-2015, 06:25 AM
'Normal'?...think it just worked out, flight wise, etc.

They must have dusted the mothballs off that thing

93legendti
11-03-2015, 06:28 AM
50/50...sometimes I get items from them in four days and other times two weeks. It seems to be dependent on the shipping company.

I expected 2 weeks. Delivery method was "standard". Happy surprise.

Avincent52
11-03-2015, 06:29 AM
I ordered some bibs from the Assos outlet late on Sunday night and they were delivered to my home in NJ by 9:30 am on Tuesday morning.
I was pretty impressed.
Another nice touch: while they said the shorts wouldn't come with the standard "retail" packaging, my pair came in the nice box with chamois cream, Lycra wash, and a small laundry bag.
The shorts are great and the price was right.
Not enough to make me break down and order one of their ugly jerseys though.

93legendti
11-03-2015, 06:45 AM
I ordered some bibs from the Assos outlet late on Sunday night and they were delivered to my home in NJ by 9:30 am on Tuesday morning.
I was pretty impressed.
Another nice touch: while they said the shorts wouldn't come with the standard "retail" packaging, my pair came in the nice box with chamois cream, Lycra wash, and a small laundry bag.
The shorts are great and the price was right.
Not enough to make me break down and order one of their ugly jerseys though.

Pretty amazing, supposed to be here by 11:30 am and still total price is less than retailers charge here- even if they were in stock.

Vamoots58
11-03-2015, 06:50 AM
Have ordered from them 2 or 3 times. Each time i received delivery in NY within 3 days. Just as fast if not faster than most mail order from the mid-west!! Also love their products!!

Plum Hill
11-03-2015, 06:50 AM
Yes. I placed an order on a Sunday night and it was on my front porch before 10AM Wednesday morning.

The Outlet Store has to be the best mail order/internet sales company I've done business with.

93legendti
11-03-2015, 07:02 AM
Yes. I placed an order on a Sunday night and it was on my front porch before 10AM Wednesday morning.

The Outlet Store has to be the best mail order/internet sales company I've done business with.

Yup.
Thanks all.

sitzmark
11-03-2015, 07:29 AM
Yup - same experience 2-3 days most.

FlashUNC
11-03-2015, 07:48 AM
Expect the duties notice in a couple days time.

sitzmark
11-03-2015, 08:21 AM
Expect the duties notice in a couple days time.

4 orders over 1+ year time. Nothing yet. Shoe may yet fall. :)

Avincent52
11-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Isn't there a limit on duties, or more to the point, up to $200 it's duty free?
I ordered one pair of bibs and didn't get a duty notice.

LJohnny
11-03-2015, 08:57 AM
When I have ordered from UK retailers there has been no duty when the package comes via USPS. On the other hand, when the package has been delivered by FedEx, UPS or DHL, there has been duty plus processing fees 100% of the time. Usually FedEx/DHL will leave or deliver the package, ask for signature, and go on their way, but the bill arrives about 2-3 weeks later. I know that UPS will ask for the duty/processing fee right on the spot in order to release the parcel. This is of course in my experience. I saw someone posted once not getting fees from FedEx, but to be honest I don't know if they were talking of this happening way in the past or very recently. If it was recently, then likely, they just had not gotten the bill yet.

LJohnny
11-03-2015, 08:59 AM

When delivery via FedEx, UPS, etc, in my personal experience, I have had duties plus processing fees regardless of the value of the parcel, only USPS has resulted on no fees.

FlashUNC
11-03-2015, 09:02 AM
4 orders over 1+ year time. Nothing yet. Shoe may yet fall. :)

If you haven't, count your lucky stars. I have yet to get a delivery that didn't have a duties invoice a few days or weeks later, regardless of the value of the item.

93legendti
11-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Well, the mitts didn't arrive today. Now tracking info shows they are in NJ and delivery date is pending. Probably Wednesday

Plum Hill
11-03-2015, 05:10 PM
I've ordered numerous times, and a friend once, and neither of us has ever received a duties notice.
All of my orders were in excess of $200, one over $400.

LJohnny
11-03-2015, 05:42 PM
I had ordered from the Outlet before in the ranges you mention and they shipped them via Royal Post/USPS. Maybe it is anew thing for them to use FedEx now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93legendti
11-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Came today...I ordered lobster shell mitts, but early winter glove 851's came...damn

LJohnny
11-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Came today...I ordered lobster shell mitts, but early winter glove 851's came...damn

I would not worry. The Outlet has provided one of the best customer service experiences I have had to date. They will make it right for you.

93legendti
11-04-2015, 09:47 AM
I would not worry. The Outlet has provided one of the best customer service experiences I have had to date. They will make it right for you.

Thanks, good to know. I sent customer service an email with a pic of what arrived and a copy of the order summary. We shall see what happens.

93legendti
11-05-2015, 09:57 AM

You are 100% correct:

"Dear Adam,

Thanks for your enquiry and our sincere apologies for the mistake with your order.

I've asked the team to dispatch the correct pair of Lobster Shell Gloves to you today with our FedEx International service. These should be with you in the next few days.

No need to return the first pair to us.

Thanks and apologies again.

Andy
The Assos Factory Outlet Team"

LJohnny
11-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Yep, Andy is da man 😄

93legendti
11-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Yep, Andy is da man 😄

He sure is.
I offered to send the first gloves back...no reply...

weisan
11-05-2015, 11:19 AM
He sure is.
I offered to send the first gloves back...no reply...

Did you send it to the right email address? Mine! (emailto: weisan_covenant@yahoo.com)

93legendti
11-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Did you send it to the right email address? Mine! (emailto: weisan_covenant@yahoo.com)

These are xlg...I would be amazed they fit someone who rides what, a 54cm tt?

CSTRider
11-09-2015, 11:48 PM
So for those who have been hit with the customs tax, how much/what percent of your order total is it?

93legendti
11-10-2015, 06:51 AM
Anyone have large early winter gloves they would like to trade for xlg's?