PDA

View Full Version : New WAHOO kickr 11 speed

LesMiner
11-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Just got a KICKR this weekend. Mechanical setup was easy, no tools. That is if you use the supplied cassette. I was surprised to find two cadence RPM sensors and the washer to compensate 11 to 10 speed cassette included. Put on my Garmin 800 and it all connected with no issue. I could read power and speed. Cadence came from the Garmin sensor already on the bike. ANT+ seems seamless.

Using my iPhone 6 was another experience. I downloaded WAHOO Fitness and WAHOO Utility apps. I could get the RPM sensor to work. The working distance seems really short, it drops out frequently. Gets better when I hold my iPhone down near the pedal, not good. Power and speed was more problematic. The KICKR connected OK right away. I did their spin down test and the app said all was good. Strangely no speed or power was displayed. Even stranger I could increase and decrease the resistance but the power was displayed as "n/a". I finally resorted to a network reset on the iPhone. Finally I got speed and power display to work.

I have had Bluetooth issues before. Inconsistent connection and sync seems common. I see that others have had various kickr issues as well.

The advertising claim to be quiet is a bit of a stretch. Put the WAHOO next to a wind trainer it might be quieter but not a fluid trainer.