PDA

View Full Version : SRAM Yaw Discussion

dana_e
11-01-2015, 12:41 PM
I found it hard to adjust, is easier for me to stick with campy 10, as far as set it up and move on ability

thoughts??

peanutgallery
11-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Once you set it up it works good enough for something else thats sram to break instead

Follow the directions and keep in mind that the built in chain catcher is going to be busy during its service life. Once you come to grips with that idea it isn't the worst thing you can bolt on a bike. 11 speed shimano is quirky too

johngmartin
11-01-2015, 02:38 PM
I found this video to be helpful: https://youtu.be/cnG3t7TyRm0

Set it up once and haven't had any problems since. A big upgrade from my older non-yaw SRAM Force FD that only seemed to shift properly in my middle rear cogs.

sg8357
11-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Anyone try a Yaw FD with a friction or Campy ergo ratchet shifter ?

ergott
11-01-2015, 05:45 PM
I thought setup as per directions was simple and my bike has maintained its performance well over the season. I didn't even install the chain catcher.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KonaSS
11-01-2015, 06:28 PM
My thought is that it works well, wasn't hard to set up.

What specific issues were you having? Maybe take it to a mechanic before you just move on to another group?

oldpotatoe
11-02-2015, 05:46 AM
Anyone try a Yaw FD with a friction or Campy ergo ratchet shifter ?

Why on earth would you do this? Any Campagnolo or even shimano front derailleur would work light years better than this silly thing. Like their brakes and why they 'push' one bys..

simonov
11-02-2015, 06:13 AM
I've set up a bunch of Yaw FDs and never had a problem getting them aligned and working well. Works better than my 11spd Campy or Shimano FDs, IMO.

chiasticon
11-02-2015, 07:25 AM
I've set up a bunch of Yaw FDs and never had a problem getting them aligned and working well. Works better than my 11spd Campy or Shimano FDs, IMO.same. I've been using the 11 speed force FD with 10 speed setups for years now (and also with 11 speed force). no issues. it's a *little* fiddly to get perfectly straight once the set up lines are worn off of it, but still not hard. adds a few extra minutes.

love the yaw FD, really. having no trim and ready access to all gear combos rules.

AJosiahK
11-02-2015, 07:39 AM
I think its a major improvement on front shifting, at least on srams part. I wont complain. Its a different mech, so set up is different. Set it up properly and it works flawlessly...

sparky33
11-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Yaw works really well for me.

The first time I ignored the directions, and the set up was really difficult.

The second time I followed the directions, and the set up was really easy.

Go figure.

mgreene888
11-02-2015, 08:58 AM
For me - Force Yaw "cant be adjusted", i.e., tweaked to work better after changing or messing with the cable, etc.

I have to start from scratch everytime.

Art's Cycle video on U-tube is an easy step by step tutorial - after many months I forget what to do and just call up this video.

That said, I am on a gravel bike type setup with XO rear der and XX 28/42 crank. Shifts great once set.

Mike