PDA

View Full Version : Easiest-to-mount Tubeless Road Rims?

xeladragon
11-01-2015, 10:32 AM
I currently have a wheelset with Pacenti SL23 V1 rims... nice rims but a b*tch to mount road tubeless tires on (specifically, Schwalbe One 700x28). I wouldn't be able to do it without a Kool Stop Tire Bead Jack. I know the V2 rims are supposed to be better. Any other good options at the moment? Anyone have experience running HED Belgium+ rims tubeless?

Lovetoclimb
11-01-2015, 12:21 PM
Had no problems mounting cross tubeless tires (Vittoria, WTB, and others) and most road tires on the Belgium + rims. No experience with road tubeless set up but have done some notoriously PITA tires on them with little issue.

roydyates
11-01-2015, 03:03 PM
I currently have a wheelset with Pacenti SL23 V1 rims... nice rims but a b*tch to mount road tubeless tires on (specifically, Schwalbe One 700x28). I wouldn't be able to do it without a Kool Stop Tire Bead Jack. I know the V2 rims are supposed to be better. Any other good options at the moment? Anyone have experience running HED Belgium+ rims tubeless?

I have the Sl23 V2 rims and they were also very difficult to mount a traditional clincher (a conti GP 4season). My solution was to use them on a cross bike with the compass 38mm tires. For the floppy compass tires, the rims seemed to make mounting easier.

cachagua
11-01-2015, 03:15 PM
No problems mounting cross tubeless tires (Vittoria, WTB, and others) and most road tires on the Belgium + rims. No experience with road tubeless set up but have done some notoriously PITA tires on them with little issue.

Second on the Belgium +es. I just got a pair and found they're a lot easier than first-generation Belgiums or TB-14s, which are fairly troublesome, and as easy as Open Pros. This made me very happy because I've changed all kinds of tires on Open Pros for many years, without ever needing tools, so I'm back to baseline.

Also, they're expensive. But we don't let a little thing like that get in our way, now do we.

old fat man
11-01-2015, 10:48 PM
Pretty easy to mount road tubeless on the Fulcrum 1 2-way and Shimano RS-61's. I've mounted Hutchinson Fusion and Schwalbe One

chriscap
11-01-2015, 11:39 PM
+1 for Fulcrum - I have a set of Fulcrum 3 2-way and I've had good success mounting Hutchinson Fusion for road and Michelin Mud/Jets for cross.

xeladragon
11-02-2015, 08:44 AM
If only the Campy/Fulcrum rims were wider...

Crossing my fingers that I don't get a tubeless flat before next spring, then I'll probably replace the SL23 V1 rims.