PDA

View Full Version : Copenhagen Wheel or similar...E assist Rear Wheel Only

Ralph
10-31-2015, 04:42 PM
Has anyone used one of these? Or anything similar? Or can make intelligent comments about their use? I think my wife is the ideal candidate for using one. She has RA in both knees, has had extensive surgery on both knees, and is limited in how hard and far she can ride a bicycle. She is OK on a paved trail.....as long as it's smooth and almost level....for about a 10-15 mile ride...10-12 MPH which is plenty for multi use trails. That's about it....and she won't really get better, unless she has knee replacements, and she's in no hurry for that. But with E assist rear wheel in her 9 speed flat bar bike, , she could go on much longer rides, at a much lower effort level, and around here we have nice wide trails going about everywhere that stretch for miles and miles. Some of these wheels allow you to run your existing cassette and shifters and use the new assist wheel. I ride an old heavy upright 8 speed hybrid bike when I ride with her to make us more compatible. Sure would like to extend her range. I can haul it OK on my 1 UP rack.

Cicli
10-31-2015, 04:46 PM
My mom has one. Its a Wallerang M.0 and she loves it. Same issue with knees.