PDA

View Full Version : Silly bib shorts question

kgreene10
10-31-2015, 11:11 AM
I tried on testers for this year's team clothing and encountered an issue I've never come across before. The medium bibs fit great but I feel a little pressure from the straps on my shoulders when bent over to simulate a riding position. The large bibs are fine on the shoulders but the fabric in the hip area bunches a bit - not much, but I'm an aeroweenie.

Anyone have experience choosing between sizes in this situation? Will a little pressure from the straps translate into misery after a 5 hour ride?

Thanks.

lhuerta
10-31-2015, 12:47 PM
Anyone have experience choosing between sizes in this situation? Will a little pressure from the straps translate into misery after a 5 hour ride?

If the straps are actually resulting in shorts riding-up at the crotch and causing discomfort to your twig and berries, then they are not a good fit. If the bottoms are fixed and straps have plenty of stretch but not effecting fit of your bottoms, then fit should be fine.

When in between sizes, I would rather have slightly tighter straps, then loose or bunchy bottoms with no compression. Lou

Joxster
10-31-2015, 04:14 PM
Or tie a knot in the bib to take up the slack

tbike4
10-31-2015, 05:03 PM
When in between sizes, I would rather have slightly tighter straps, then loose or bunchy bottoms with no compression. Lou

Yep. I have a pair of large something or other expensive brand when I thought that was my size. All bunched up and I don't wear them. I have medium Canari with King pad. Straps are a little tight when I first put them on after a wash but the fit is spot on. Love that King pad.