PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on brake pad holders. Campagnolo

Cicli
10-31-2015, 04:36 AM
I am putting together a bike for the wife. It will be all Athena. One issue, I want to run Kool Stop pads on the Ano archtypes. The Athena brakes dont have replaceable cartridges. Will Shimano compatable pad holders from Kool Stop work on the Campagnolo brakes? I know it seems like a basic question but I dont have any Shimano stuff to try out. I would run Campagnolo holders but they seem to ba a bit hard to come across.
These are the newer black skeleton brakes if that matters.

Thanks.

oldpotatoe
10-31-2015, 05:20 AM
I am putting together a bike for the wife. It will be all Athena. One issue, I want to run Kool Stop pads on the Ano archtypes. The Athena brakes dont have replaceable cartridges. Will Shimano compatable pad holders from Kool Stop work on the Campagnolo brakes? I know it seems like a basic question but I dont have any Shimano stuff to try out. I would run Campagnolo holders but they seem to ba a bit hard to come across.
These are the newer black skeleton brakes if that matters.

Thanks.

Yes they do..gotta pry them out and slide new ones in but they are replaceable.

Do you mean hard to replace easily? Find some brake holder, shimano should work also, or Jagwire ones.

oliver1850
10-31-2015, 01:07 PM
The slot on a Campagnolo caliper is about .025" wider than a Shimano. You can put Shimano shoes on a Campagnolo caliper but not the opposite. Pic is Athena with a 6600 shoe on one side (the wrong side). BBB makes Campagnolo specific shoes, but I don't know if they will take KoolStop pads.