PDA

View Full Version : Another review of Switchbacks, Vol I

velotel
10-30-2015, 03:42 AM
This one was written by Jim Langley and published at Ride Bike Rider. Here's the link https://www.roadbikerider.com/latest-rbr-newsletter/191-issue-no-689/1740-3-great-books-about-legendary-french-cyclists-cycling

572cv
10-30-2015, 05:11 AM
A fine review. This book is a terrific cycling resource not just because it identifies really fun climbs, but also because the writing is evocative of the zen of those climbs. The photography is icing on the cake!

As an aside, I've had the good fortune to do one or two of these rides, at least in pieces. One with Hank, which was memorable. These are some of the great rides anywhere.

ergott
10-30-2015, 05:23 AM
I've been meaning to get this. Looking forward to getting my copy!

velotel
10-31-2015, 12:30 AM
A fine review. This book is a terrific cycling resource not just because it identifies really fun climbs, but also because the writing is evocative of the zen of those climbs. The photography is icing on the cake!

As an aside, I've had the good fortune to do one or two of these rides, at least in pieces. One with Hank, which was memorable. These are some of the great rides anywhere.
Well, thanks, your words are quite kind, much appreciated. You need to come back over to ride.