PDA

View Full Version : Giro Aeon vs Bell Gage?

buldogge
10-29-2015, 04:13 PM
Aeon vs Gage anyone own(ed) both?

I realize the "fit" may be slightly different between Giro and Bell...ignoring that...any general thoughts/experiences comparing/contrasting the two???

I've been riding Giro Prolights for the last few years and everytime I try a helmet with an actual adjustment mech, since, I've been disappointed.

I already have a Limar Ultralight+ sitting here, and now I've ridden with the Gage a couple times...sitting wondering if the Aeon is the closest thing to a ProLight with an adjustment mech.

???

TIA
-Mark in St. Louis

simonov
10-30-2015, 05:05 AM
Fit differences aside, I think it's all going to come down to personal preference. I've gone back and forth between Giro and Bell over the years and I think the profile of Bells works better with my head. While it's a bit heavier, I also like the adjustment dial on the Bells better. It's larger so I find it easier to adjust while riding.

oldpotatoe
10-30-2015, 06:57 AM
Aeon vs Gage anyone own(ed) both?

I realize the "fit" may be slightly different between Giro and Bell...ignoring that...any general thoughts/experiences comparing/contrasting the two???

I've been riding Giro Prolights for the last few years and everytime I try a helmet with an actual adjustment mech, since, I've been disappointed.

I already have a Limar Ultralight+ sitting here, and now I've ridden with the Gage a couple times...sitting wondering if the Aeon is the closest thing to a ProLight with an adjustment mech.

???

TIA
-Mark in St. Louis

Might look at Mavic Syncro..more 'clicks' per knob rotation amount. Light, cool, not expensive. Also the 'web' stuff is higher in the back so you don't get sausage neck rotating the helmet forward..a big problem with my last 2 Giro(Aeon and Synthe). Liked it more than the higher end Mavic Plasma too.

Syncro left, Plasma right

buldogge
10-30-2015, 07:09 AM
Well...I couldn't help myself...armed with zero feedback, I ordered an Aeon from STP last night for <$100 (time sensitive code, and only (1) remaining M).

So...Worst case scenario...I have a couple helmets I need to sell in the classifieds, I guess.

TA
-Mark