PDA

View Full Version : Crazy commuters..

jasonification
10-28-2015, 07:52 PM
Just saw a guy riding his bike in the middle of the street on the wrong side of the road, listening music on his headphones and not wearing a helmet...sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me..

NickR
10-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Just another day in LA...

Aaron O
10-28-2015, 08:28 PM
Kids here have taken to playing chicken with cars - you get groups of 5-10...sometimes more - salmoning in the middle of streets, doing wheelies (I'm impressed at how long they can do that) and daring cars to move forward.

We also have a similar band of yutes terrorizing a local bike trail...they've robbed a few people, harrassed a few women and generally made asses of themselves. They played it with me, I held my line and speed and got through. I was nervous as hell.

campy man
10-29-2015, 09:06 AM
Just another day in LA...

It's unbelievable some of the stuff people do on their bikes in traffic.

Where I live it's common to see adults with no helmets riding around on a rusty bike they dragged out of the garage like it's Mayberry in the 60's :crap:

Great to see people out on bicycles getting a little exercise but when bikers ride on the opposite side of the rode, in the middle of the street, running stop signs, ride off the sidewalk to cross the street, ... it's only a matter of time before something terrible happens. I have had my share of confrontations with drivers but in some cases the cyclist is at fault. :bike:

modernfuturist
10-29-2015, 10:43 AM
I used to commute to work and school in LA and saw a bunch of gnarly things but was mortified to see this headline on the LATimes... "Shipping container falls off big rig and crushes bicyclist" (http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-shipping-container-death-carson-20151027-story.html)

beeatnik
10-29-2015, 01:18 PM
^That is horrific.

Dead Man
10-29-2015, 01:52 PM
Kids here have taken to playing chicken with cars - you get groups of 5-10...sometimes more - salmoning in the middle of streets, doing wheelies (I'm impressed at how long they can do that) and daring cars to move forward.

We also have a similar band of yutes terrorizing a local bike trail...they've robbed a few people, harrassed a few women and generally made asses of themselves. They played it with me, I held my line and speed and got through. I was nervous as hell.

I can't remember what this ···· is called, but it's all over youtube... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0YrAtTGf6A

Seems like they've basically made a sport out of it

joe.e
10-29-2015, 03:21 PM
this morning at 6:15am (so real dark) I passed a kid in all black on a fixed gear (NO BRAKES GRANDPA) too big for him on glenoaks. He didn't have a light or reflectors so I didn't notice him until I was way closer than I should have been.

charliedid
10-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Just saw a guy riding his bike in the middle of the street on the wrong side of the road, listening music on his headphones and not wearing a helmet...sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me..

I get the crazy....not the commuter so much.