PDA

View Full Version : Which MTB to keep?

NHAero
10-28-2015, 04:31 PM
Yet another First World Problem!
I have a full suspension 29er incoming. I have had a '96 Klein Pulse II MTB for over 15 years and it's served well. These days it's my winter rider with Freddys Revenz studded tires, and also my loaner when someone visiting wants a bike. It's mostly XT, 9 speed with Thumbies, and V brakes.
My current MTB is a '99 Lightspeed Unicoi with the YBB softtail. Drivetrain is similar, and it has BB7 discs.
I don't need both of these bikes. The Lightspeed is in better shape yet I'm a bit more attached to the Klein having owned it much longer. Neither is likely worth more than a few hundred dollars at very best.
Thoughts?

brockd15
10-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Keep the Klein for sure. Who cares if the Litespeed is a "nicer" bike if you like the Klein better anyway? Make a few bucks and still have the sentimental favorite...win win.

p nut
10-29-2015, 07:09 AM
Personally, I'd keep the unicoi. Klein's I've had in the past have been pretty harsh riding. Unicoi would make a better winter bike with the discs and better loaner with the softer ride.

TBLS
10-29-2015, 07:34 AM
If you have an attachment to the Klein, keep it.

If not, let the market decide and try to sell both and keep the 'survivor'...or go new mtb +2!!!!!!