PDA

View Full Version : Well, it does have pedals (and a Brooks saddle)...

Gsinill
10-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Saw those today at my local Ace store.

Motoped (https://motoped.com)

Not for the weight weenies though ;)

Birddog
10-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Looks like it has the Q factor of a Clydesdale.

Louis
10-26-2015, 06:21 PM
155cc's would be massive increase in power compared to just your legs. Even 49cc's would be a bunch, even if it's an inefficient engine.

Motors

If you intend to install your own engine in a MOTOPEDョ kit, most horizontal E-22 (Honda style) engines up to 155cc will fit the MOTOPEDョ frame bolt pattern. Please note, all engines must comply with state and federal guidelines. Engines must comply with EPA & ARB certification where applicable. International market check your local government agency.
MOTOPEDョ will soon have multiple engine displacement options as EPA / ARB certifications are completed
Each MOTOPEDョ base model begins with a 49cc 2-Stage internal fully automatic engine. This gives the rider the most options for compliant operation.
Each MOTOPEDョ base model begins with a kit without an engine OR a 49cc two-stage internal fully automatic engine. The 49cc power configuration allows the bike to be operated as a 杜otorized bicycle in many states and countries.

oldpotatoe
10-27-2015, 04:51 AM
Saw those today at my local Ace store.

Motoped (https://motoped.com)

Not for the weight weenies though ;)

Can't wait till somebody blasts down the MUP here on one..'they said ebikes were ok!'...

mhespenheide
10-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Okay, they look interesting, but I'm more intrigued by the fact that Ace hardware thinks that they can make money selling them... that seems like an odd distribution channel.

tumbler
10-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Can't wait till somebody blasts down the MUP here on one..'they said ebikes were ok!'...

"Straaaavaaaa!"

Gsinill
10-27-2015, 11:50 AM
Okay, they look interesting, but I'm more intrigued by the fact that Ace hardware thinks that they can make money selling them... that seems like an odd distribution channel.

Thought the same thing.
I am not sure about the concept (why even bother with pedals since the thing weighs 132 lbs?) but I was kind of surprised about the build quality, e.g. the welds, the nicely machined aluminum parts etc.
On the other side $3K isn't necessarily peanuts...

palincss
10-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Thought the same thing.
I am not sure about the concept (why even bother with pedals since the thing weighs 132 lbs?) but I was kind of surprised about the build quality, e.g. the welds, the nicely machined aluminum parts etc.

Well, you do have to put your feet somewhere. Are you actually meant to pedal these things at all?