PDA

View Full Version : so, who watches bull riding?

gt6267a
03-27-2004, 07:11 PM
so, i am watching oln. the ski racing is mildly entertaining. i don't know what's next, but i'm thinking to myself, "i bet there is a bike race in europe right now that might be interesting." but no, they've got bull riding. ***? do i really want to see adds for tractor supply stores? true, there is some chance that one of these guys might get trampled which would be exciting, but watching a tv show hoping someone gets hurt is not my style.

how about some bike racing? no? maybe some old footage? it's been 15 years. how about the 89 tour. come on, the tour in 89 was way more exciting than a closeup of a bull named "money man"

ok. i'm done now.

-k

RDP
03-27-2004, 07:53 PM
lol...but what a shame.

Do you think when gas prices reach $3.50/gal that someone will create the 'bike channel'. It would seem that this should have happened already on a some obscure fitness cable network that is seeking to cash-in on generation "XL"

H.Frank Beshear
03-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Rodeos are fun ..up close and personal. Those bulls are mean and really huge. We have a rodeo every year about 15 miles from our house and one of the twins loooves horses, so I get to go watch. The clowns are the best, one year they stuck a sombreo on a RC truck and ran it under the bulls feet tears funny especially when the bull caught the truck. Stomp Stomp I laughed so hard I almost well we wont go there. Just my 2 cents from the country. Frank

Kevin
03-28-2004, 06:25 AM
Lets not forget the lumberjacking contests. With all of these compelling contests, there must be some room for cycling on television. But if Lance does not get it on tv, it probably won't happen anytime soon.

Kevin

Andreu
03-28-2004, 06:32 AM
From England the other day on Transworld Sport there was cheese chasing. Basically, roll a cheese down a hill then try and catch it.
Who says the English are not eccentric?
I am going to try this for the winter months to maintain my edge.
A :p

keno
03-28-2004, 08:07 AM
For you naysayers, PBR is Professional Bull Riding, and it's great, as far as I am concerned. I actually dragged my wife and another couple to Madison Square Garden a few years back to see the big boys. They are effing crazy and talented. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a sense of balance like they do let alone make it work for 8 seconds with a 2,000 pound critter with althletic moves and power Marty Nothstein couldn't even dream about who's only desire is to get the rider the hell off his back. Next time the show comes to town, I'll be there.

keno, cowpoke

gt6267a
03-28-2004, 10:48 AM
well, i think the pbr has considerably more entertainment value in person than it does on tv. a friend dragged me to msg a few years back to watch it. his dad talked a guy out of his pass and we got up on the platform with the cowboys. we were literally touching the railing of the box where the riders setup on the bull. being that close was pretty cool. chatting with the cowboys etc. etc. made for an interesting few hours.

i have some photos somewhere on my laptop from that day. close-ups of their hands wrapped in the rope, a few action shots, and my friend with the msg gate in the background. oh, and my friend and his father with some famous rodeo guy. they thought it was the coolest photo ever, but i had never heard of the guy.

anyway, in the stands it was tolerable though not exciting. on the podium / gate was pretty cool. on tv, it's just plain boring. that's my take on things.

-k