PDA

View Full Version : 6 November, Vecchio's

velotel
10-24-2015, 03:19 AM
If you're in the area you might want to show up. Slide show of rides in the Alps on roads most cyclists (except those on this forum) have never heard of. Effectively slides of my personal best of the best rides, featuring quite a bit of chemin riding (dirt, rock, and gravel roads - think jeep roads without the need for 4x4, most of the time). Also an opportunity to buy my book, Switchbacks, signed if you want, either for yourself or as a gift for the cyclists you want to treat well over the holidays. Limited number of books remaining. Also an opportunity to meet Kent Eriksen in the flesh if you never have, or at least possibly an opportunity, depending on weather. Katy, his wife, definitely wants to come with him to get him inspired because she's dying to come over so they can ride the Alps with me.

Friday evening, 6 November, Vecchio's Bicicletteria, Boulder, Colorado, you really want to be there if you can. Honestly, good people, good pics.

oldpotatoe
10-24-2015, 06:54 AM
If you're in the area you might want to show up. Slide show of rides in the Alps on roads most cyclists (except those on this forum) have never heard of. Effectively slides of my personal best of the best rides, featuring quite a bit of chemin riding (dirt, rock, and gravel roads - think jeep roads without the need for 4x4, most of the time). Also an opportunity to buy my book, Switchbacks, signed if you want, either for yourself or as a gift for the cyclists you want to treat well over the holidays. Limited number of books remaining. Also an opportunity to meet Kent Eriksen in the flesh if you never have, or at least possibly an opportunity, depending on weather. Katy, his wife, definitely wants to come with him to get him inspired because she's dying to come over so they can ride the Alps with me.

Friday evening, 6 November, Vecchio's Bicicletteria, Boulder, Colorado, you really want to be there if you can. Honestly, good people, good pics.

Don't forget cheap beer..We'll spoil you with PBR, so much so you'll look for it when ya back to France. :D

cachagua
10-24-2015, 11:21 AM
Can I buy a couple of signed copies through the mail, without showing up to this event? I'm moving three households into one house that weekend, so WAY too busy.

And if the dust jacket of one copy is ringed from the bottoms of PBR cans, sure, I'd pay extra for that.

oldpotatoe
10-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Can I buy a couple of signed copies through the mail, without showing up to this event? I'm moving three households into one house that weekend, so WAY too busy.

And if the dust jacket of one copy is ringed from the bottoms of PBR cans, sure, I'd pay extra for that.

Call or email jim(owner) to put 2 aside, give him cc# and address and he can make it happen. I'll put the PBR rings on them personally.

velotel
10-24-2015, 02:35 PM

No problem, I've sent you a pm