PDA

View Full Version : Lugano Switzerland - bike rental

katematt
10-22-2015, 11:33 AM
I have a friend of mine who is taking a teaching position in Lugano for a month starting next week. Since the days are short and he only has weekends, thinking rental is his best option.

Anyone know of any rental resources for relatively high end road bikes in Lugano?

The interweb show little so an insight is appreciated.

Tom

snah
10-22-2015, 01:41 PM
I don't have any experience around Lugano, but I had a company trip to Montreux earlier this year. I had some issues trying to rent a bike but found it fairly easy to email a few shops, used the Google translator. When I did find a shop that rented Scotts, only found out when I arrived that they didn't have any SPD compatible pedals.

I don't know about riding in Lugano, but there were bikes everywhere around Montreux.

saab2000
10-22-2015, 02:43 PM
There's a place in Mendrisio that might be able to help out. It's been a dozen years since I rode past there. I lived in Lugano for two years and rode many times past that place. it's on the main road........ Colnago store and sponsor of the Velo Club Mendrisio, which is a high level amateur team in the region.

Don't know the name anymore but they're on the main road. Still, I'd rather just bring my own.

Riding there is interesting.

OtayBW
10-22-2015, 04:33 PM
Whatever you do, find a place that can provide some LOW gearing! And then tell your friend to go check out the Assos factory (and factory outlet store) in nearby San Pietro di Stabio.