PDA

View Full Version : Nottrott 2006 Photo Galleries

Korn Julio
05-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Check out photos from Nottrott 2006 - DAY 1:

http://www.pbase.com/nikonbuff/nottrott2006

Password: atmo

I haven't quite mastered matching the names and faces. Hopefully by Sunday I'll know everyone.

Thanks Smiley & Karen for being such gracious, wonderful hosts! :beer:

And please feel free to leave messages on the main page of the gallery.

Ginger
05-19-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm SO jealous!

catulle
05-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Check out photos from Nottrott 2006 - DAY 1:

http://www.pbase.com/nikonbuff/nottrott2006

I haven't quite mastered matching the names and faces. Hopefully by Sunday I'll know everyone.

Thanks Smiley & Karen for being such gracious, wonderful hosts! :beer:

Thank you sooooo much for the pictures. I really liked Miss Alabama, atmo.

Kevin
05-20-2006, 05:43 AM
Looks like everyone is having a good time.

Kevin

Kevan
05-20-2006, 06:08 AM
it's 7am now, I have a 9am ride that will go 'til noon, family event in the afternoon, jump in the car drive 5 hours, get down there with you guys.. say by 9pm. Share a couple beers, have a late dinner, then jump back into the car around midnight, get home around 5am, take a shower and get prep'd for my next ride. Mikemets meets me at my door at 530am and we go do the Bloomin' from say 7am until noon, then do more family stuff.

Hmm... I think I can do it! I'll see you tonight!

D'oh!

Have fun!

Bruce K
05-20-2006, 09:49 AM
whimper, sniffle.... I miss you guys. :(

Looks like fun so far. :bike:

Enjoy. :banana:

BK

Skrawny
05-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Green with jealosy! :D
We've got to do this more on the Left Coast!
-s

dave thompson
05-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Green with jealosy! :D
We've got to do this more on the Left Coast!
-s
AGREED!!

SoCalSteve
05-20-2006, 10:22 AM
I'll third that!

Steve

Marburg
05-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Based on the number of pictures I'd say there was an appropriate riding-to-eating ratio.

And check out that garage door!

Fixed
05-20-2006, 08:20 PM
brotherhood is a beautiful thing. you bros are blessed . i.m.h.o.

Korn Julio
05-21-2006, 01:06 AM
Just added photos from Nottrott Day 2. Check them out:

http://www.pbase.com/nikonbuff/nottrottday2&page=1

Rapid Tourist
05-21-2006, 05:55 AM
Korn, these pictures are terrific! :) :p They really show how much fun was had. My favorite is djg putting the lotion in the basket atmo...

djg
05-21-2006, 08:51 AM

Korn, the funny looking guy with the beautiful kids and the handsome Colnago (and the light blue CSi fixie from friday) is me; or, in the spirit of Nottrott: C'est moi, le deluge.

Dan (djg)

e-RICHIE
05-21-2006, 09:15 AM
http://www.pbase.com/nikonbuff/image/60497939
http://www.pbase.com/nikonbuff/image/60497938
http://www.pbase.com/nikonbuff/image/60497940

quid pro quo atmo
http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=23

Korn Julio
05-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Haaaaaaaaa!! IT knew that quote sounded vaguely familiar. IT just couldn't place IT anywhere, so thanks for providing that link e-Ritchie. IT get's IT now.

For the Nottrott attendees: I need help with names in the photo galleries. PM me with the DSC# of the photo, along with the names of the folks in the photo, and I'll update it with an appropriate caption. thanks!

Sorry I couldn't make it to this morning's ride guys! :(

Bud
05-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Nice pix, bro. Thanks for posting all of these. It's nice to put a few faces with names. Looks like you guys have had a great time. Too bad it's so far from CO. . .

Your gathering has motivated me to think about getting a group together out here someday! :)

Zoomie80
05-21-2006, 12:08 PM
KJ--these are superb pics, thanx for posting them! Sure was a lot of fun-- riding and hangin' out with all the Serotta dudes and dudettes, listening to TK's stories;and Serotta Andrew's insight into what makes our bikes special. And this wouildn't have happended without Karen and Smiley and their gracious hospitality--THANK YOU. This was indeed a very special weekend!! :banana:

Cheers,
Zoomie

Smiley
05-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Nottrott 2006 comes to a close , well maybe we have dinner tonite with Tom Byrnes and BBDave , lots of left overs to eat . Thanks to all that helped out and made the events flow easily. Thanks to all the ride leaders that brought home the sheep in one piece :)
Lastly thanks to Serotta for providing the medium that made this happen and thanks for allowing Serotta Andrew for bringing the bikes and the Beer down .

Thanks to my friends Ben and Marci Serotta for making me part of the company, I am in the can for the best bikes built on the planet the Uniscasi too :) .

ps: Korn Man and BBDave , many many thanks for capturing the memories for all to share, You photo journalist rock .

oldmill
05-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the pictures. That was an absolute blast. Many thanks to Smiley and Karen for organizing this and showing such great hospitality, and to Serotta for making it all possible. Great to meet everyone. I vote for Nottrott2 in the fall.

Smiley
05-21-2006, 05:01 PM
a really kool pair of sunglasses , contact me if you don't have them . Smiley

also a crappy water bottle :)

William
05-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Looks like it was a blast. I'm sure everyone had a great time.

Thanks for posting pictures. :beer:

William

Too Tall
05-21-2006, 07:29 PM
*Apologies in advance if you don't like the pics. or I got something wrong. Enjoyed every darn min. of it.
Tom Burns
Manet / Keno
Local Kutie!
BBBbbbbbeeeeDave
Fly
KenO
Zap
Manet
Manet
Fly
Keno
Zap
Tom Kellogg
KenOinsaneOh
Tom Kellog
BumbleBeeDave
T.K.
BBdave
BugSlpatBuddahBob
Rapid Tourist
Rapid Touristsaycheese

Ray
05-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Got home late afternoon from a WONDERFUL weekend in DC. Thanks about a zillion times to Smiley and Karen and Serotta for hosting a first class event and to the whole DC community of riders for extending a remarkable amount of hospitality. Specifically to Spectrum Bob and (Spectrum) Beth for putting up with me, but all of us out-o-towners were put up by the locals and made to feel very much at home. The riding was a blast too, particularly the 40+ riders blasting through downtown DC this morning. The closest to feeling like being in a peloton that I'll probably ever experience. Massive amounts of fun.

-Ray

Johny
05-21-2006, 07:46 PM
TK took orders?
http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12580&stc=1

Thanks for the pictures! It's fun to look at them.

Ray
05-21-2006, 07:55 PM
TK took orders?
http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12580&stc=1

Thanks for the pictures! It's fun to look at them.
An order from Smiley with Serotta Andrew putting the squeeze on him to keep him from accepting it? I missed this little sub-plot :cool:

-Ray

Len J
05-21-2006, 08:05 PM
and all the DC gang........You guys throw a hell of a party.

Here are some additional pictures.

Len

Fly & Spectrum Bob
Pete with his "Stable"
Climb
Seth & Smiley with Smiley's French Guests
Spoke, ? Climb & Ken

Smiley
05-21-2006, 08:36 PM
An order from Smiley with Serotta Andrew putting the squeeze on him to keep him from accepting it? I missed this little sub-plot :cool:

-Ray
Nah Tom Kellogg was buying a MeiVici from me :) That was his deposit

Serotta PETE
05-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks for a great weekend. Really appreciate all the planning, hard work, pictures (although I look bald and old in them :) )

Andrew thanks for taking your weekend from home and coming to join us and show/demo all the toys.

Tom Kellogg
05-21-2006, 09:21 PM
I was just paying Smiley and Karen off for being nice to me...

What a wonderful bunch of folks, food, riding, folks, weather, conversations, bikes, folks, and even Ben's beer. Andrew was a perfect representative (short of Ben) that the factory could have sent.

Too Tall and the Queen put me up, gave me coffee, what more do I need? Nada. They are as gracious as VERY fast riders get. Gawd, Josh can go!

I do want to add seriously that there is only one company in the bicycle business which is as open and gracious. Ben, Andrew, and his minions treat their clients as family and their competitors as friends. You guys are as good as it gets. Great bikes as well. Thank you again; Smiley, Karen, Andrew, Ben, Josh, Doreen ... and everyone that made this weekend so wonderful.

Ray
05-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Gawd, Josh can go!
Seriously! One of the more indelible memories from the weekend was riding down the Parkway heading into DC. Too Tall (Josh) was leading the group but dropped to the back to check on something or direct riders or something. We were probably cruising along in the low 20s at that point (very slight down-grade along the creek) and strung out for some distance in more or less single file. Then there's a blur to the left as Josh literally flies past the whole line of us at a speed that had to be seen to be believed to get back to the front. I've never had pretensions of being fast, but seeing that kind of speed at close proximity sends me RIGHT back to the comfort of my tourist groove. It was almost alarming. I heard rumors of Manet doing the same thing on the long ride the day before, but he was too polite to ride away from us on Sunday.

-Ray

Kevan
05-22-2006, 07:44 AM
the good weather held for you folk?

Climb01742
05-22-2006, 09:16 AM
I heard rumors of Manet doing the same thing on the long ride the day before, but he was too polite to ride away from us on Sunday.-Ray

trust me, the boy can ride. at the end of a long ride saturday, manet solo'd away up some serious rollers like a bullet train. all i saw was the blur receding into the distance.

Too Tall
05-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Yo! My take on the rides.

There were no fast or slow groups just groups. Friday Zapper lead everyone on a ramble thru. the 'burbs of Potomac. We finished just before dusk on a lovely evening. Def. a low/highlight moment was the look on BBDave's face seeing a 4 inch long slice out of his nice Vittoria tyre. Yeah yeah, it woulda cut up a tubular too pal. :cool: Everyone stayed together and Bambi didn't stop to play with dogs. A GREAT adventure and warmup for Sat. Cool route Zap, thanks :) How did you arrange for the Maseratti, Ferrari and Porsche flybyes?

Saturday (Long riders / 62 miles) - BugSplatBuddah Bob was in charge. I came up with an interesting route and with Manet and me on the front we rode about 2 miles before the first mechanical...errk. Sorted that out and on on we went. Lots of rolling hills no big climbs just rollers and lots of backroads...well it was "rural" as rural can get in this neck-o-the woods! The long riders were about 15. The "plan" BBBbob and I agreed on was that BBBob would pick up anyone who dropped since he was doing the same route. That worked nice and everyone converged at the same grocery store within 10 min.s or so. We held a steady talking place...but steady. Heading out we picked up most of the group to meet with Smiley's crew at the OH SO FASHIONABLE Starbuck's in Potomac Village where a great deal of coffee and a few sticky buns were assasinated. Before we hit Starbucks, Zap was designated to "loose the hounds" about 6 miles before the Starbucks so that anyone who wanted to blow it out had their chance. Sure looked like fun from our perch...many clicks to the rear ;) After telling a few lies we gathered the troops and soft peddaled back home to the most AMAZING afgani dinner EVER. OMG.
Sunday - (everyone together / 30ish miles) After learning from Seth that I was leading the ride...uh thanks Fly....I'll get yah for that ;) I hatched a plan, or was that indigestion? Anywho, as a group we drifted thru historic Rock Creek Park past the Grist Mill, National Zoo and thru the Zoo Tunnel which passes under Adams Morgan and under one of the largest masonry bridges in the USA. At this point we were able to do something REALLY cool...take over a road that normally is not great for cyclists. Nottrott Critical Mass!!!! We rode south on the parkway past historic Georgetown, past the old DC Cemetaries and under the infamous "P" street bridge arrrrrrround the bend and under the Kennedy Center past the Watergate to reveal an colorful boat regatta on the Potomac...the Dragon Boats were racing when we rolled past...sweeeet :) Here we diverged away from the tidal basin for a moment for a few tricky turns and took a "Flying Lap" of Haines Point....everyone agreed to meet at the entrance in 20 mins. Again, trusty Zapper and Wife Zappette on their warp speed certified tandem ROASTED the pack for a flying lap of Haines Point...boy was that fun riding the tail. Tom Kellogg sneaked onto my wheel...he didn't know where the sprint was....as FLYMAN BLEW by for the win....you dog ;) After that we regrouped for a pic. and a collective sigh at the Lincoln Memorial. Next was a meander under the ancient Oaks / Cottonwoods that line both sides of the reflecting pond and up up up the walkways for a sit down at the Washington Monument. More than a few tourists were blown away by all the un-F'in believeable Serottas that James graciously let everyone borrow. DEWD! Why don't they have a 66 for me to test???? What's up with that???? Sooo, the most important stop of the day was coffee. Eager to find the way despite being TOTALLY lost Climbo lead the way...in a stroke of luck he found the shop and again we all told lies and had coffee :) On the way home it really struck home how decent everyone is and what a great day it is just to ride bikes with friends. That's my story. What's yours?

Climb01742
05-22-2006, 10:41 AM
the group of folks this weekend was amazing. the whole "fellowship" thing is corny as hell but equally true as hell. the highlights of the weekend, for me, were friday night dinner and saturday afternoon BBQ. just hanging and talking to folks was the absolutely best for me. just how things worked out, i talked alot to seth (aka fly), len j, ray, andre+lisa, keno, sandy, tom from LA, of course smiley, manet and josh (too tall). we're all so different, come from so many divergent background, yet on a simple honest fundamental level, we connect. i'm more of a solo rider, but damn, i'd hang, talking, with this bunch anytime, anywhere. friday and sat off da bike were a slice of heaven. smile-man and mrs smile-man, thanks mucho.

flydhest
05-22-2006, 10:42 AM
I started a Nottrott War Stories thread for these sorts of stories. I'm sure it will get out of hand . . .

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?p=210265#post210265

. . . about the pictures, gosh, I don't have a chin.

BumbleBeeDave
05-22-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm back home after an uneventful drive up the coast--except for about $18 in tolls . . . &%$#!!

Between my two digital cameras and four rolls of film I just dropped off to have developed and scanned, I have about 250 photos. (I take the crappy film camera on the rides because sooner or later I'll muff the grab from the jersey pocket and it WILL hit the deck.)

That's way too many to post here, so I'm gonna get together with the Korn-Man and see if maybe I can send him a CD and he can post them in his galleries, which he can apparently do quite easily, judging from the speed he got his own stuff up there. I'm also going to check out Easy Share, which Smiley and Karen suggested.

Please be patient. I definitely WILL get them all up somewhere you can see them. It just may take a few more days!

BBDave

e-RICHIE
05-22-2006, 04:01 PM
...except for about $18 in tolls . . . &%$#!!

that's good luck (http://judaism.about.com/cs/judaismbasics/f/number18_why.htm) you shiksa boy atmo

coylifut
05-22-2006, 04:21 PM
that's good luck (http://judaism.about.com/cs/judaismbasics/f/number18_why.htm) you shiksa boy atmo

learn something every day hanging around here.

Smiley
05-22-2006, 04:21 PM
more Nottrott shots

Smiley
05-22-2006, 04:23 PM
more photo's

BumbleBeeDave
05-22-2006, 09:32 PM
All of you who were unable to make it, here's Smiley's garage . . . Eat your hearts out!

BBD ;)

Skrawny
05-23-2006, 02:14 AM
Now I see why that man smiles...

Beautiful pictures Korn Julio!
-s

Korn Julio
05-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Awesome panoramic shot of Smiley's garage Dave! I even see my CDA in there (nearest the water heater facing the camera).

And thanks to everyone else for posting pics from Sunday morning's ride. You guys are a lot braver than I taking photos while on your bikes. I already have a hard enough time cycling with one hand on the bars, and a drink in the other. :bike:

Sandy
05-23-2006, 08:50 AM
The totality of the wonderful results of the planning and time spent by Karen and Smiley to bring the Nottrott weekend to fruition- From the impeccable and elegant dinner on Friday to the final ride on Sunday morning. It made me happy to see such an outstanding turnout for the Sunday ride, which was a genuine reflection of Karen's and Smiley's effort and how all perceived the weekend. The Nottrott weekend had the great riding, comaraderie, and food that I expected. This masterpiece was produced by a wonderful pair.

Pesonally, I appreciate the friendship that I have been given by our hosts. That friendship is as good as it gets.

:)ing Sandy

BumbleBeeDave
05-25-2006, 08:34 AM
I'm just having a heck of a busy week. I am looking forward to the three day weekend to get some photos posted. I have about 250 and have to edit them down to a manageable number to post!

Julio, I am looking to get a CD in the mail to you tomorrow. I looked at pbase and it looks like a good service.

BBD