PDA

View Full Version : Stella Azzura Eleganza Tape

terry
03-27-2004, 05:23 PM
in case anyone is interested-just bought some this week and have 4 rides with. i usually, anything above 50 degrees, don't wear gloves. the first 3 rides this week were iin the AM & i did need gloves. the tape looks great, feels tacky in a nice way & in some drizzle still retained its tackyness. today however was a different story. temp in the 50's no gloves-i ride on the hoods (campy) a lot and by the time i finished, 3.5hrs, the palm of my hands at the crease/heal feels like someone rubbed them raw with sandpaper. 2 hrs later they still are tender. must be the tacky stuff they use. got rained on & still stayed tacky-my hands didn't slip at all. maybe if you wear gloves all they time it won't be a problem but if you don't you may want to consider this next time you're in the market for tape.

Needs Help
03-28-2004, 07:28 PM
i usually, anything above 50 degrees, don't wear gloves.

If you ever hit the deck, you'll wish you had gloves on.

saab2000
03-28-2004, 08:32 PM
... that I almost never ride without gloves. I mentioned in a previous thread that I am only a very recent convert to helmets, but gloves I have worn for my 23 years of cycling. Best ones I ever had were Specialized, FWIW. :beer:

JanG
03-29-2004, 10:20 PM
terry,

Did you find this tape harder than usual to use? I recently bought some because I thought it looked good in photos seen here. However, I found it much harder to work with than Cinelli tape. It tended to bunch up more on the turns, maybe because it is thicker and not as "stretchy."

Any advice? I'm not sure I'd use it again unless I found some hot tips for applying it.

terry
03-30-2004, 10:32 AM
yes-i did find it harder to work with but, not so difficult that i wouldn't use it again. it just takes time & patience & you have to stretch it more than cork. it seems really durable & i like the look. i want to use it on another bike but i'll have to see if the stickiness goes away over time-i didn't lke the feel on a long ride w/out gloves-and i ain't gonna wear gloves just for tape.