PDA

View Full Version : possible the ultimate cyclists car?

AngryScientist
10-21-2015, 08:39 AM
Ferrari is showcased outside the NYSE this morning. Check out the hatchback!! perfect cycling road trip car.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GoZMZYPRNsQ/VieUUt2OSRI/AAAAAAAACP4/L5MCWANtxeA/s940/IMG_0153.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BNpGoq5C_3g/VieUUqUkjjI/AAAAAAAACP0/Y82O-21KYo4/s940/IMG_0155.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SVnDAbwT1W0/VieUVAik9EI/AAAAAAAACP8/eQB0wgVqoyc/s940/IMG_0157.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mWChpcEOGI4/VieUVohT47I/AAAAAAAACQQ/k6qzoFfFvMA/s940/IMG_0158.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tKvID5ma5f4/VieUVsSTANI/AAAAAAAACQU/W3WoIu0mz44/s940/IMG_0159.JPG

MattTuck
10-21-2015, 08:42 AM
yes, please help me decide between that or a VW wagon ;) :help:

Coalfield
10-21-2015, 08:44 AM
too small for cycling + camping gear

and a Ferrari with a kayak on top would be so wrong!

SeanScott
10-21-2015, 08:54 AM
I bet Cipollini rocks one of those

FlashUNC
10-21-2015, 08:57 AM
The FF. With a ridiculously complex AWD system to boot.

Not a bad shooting brake, but yes, way too small for a bike in the back.

LegendRider
10-21-2015, 08:57 AM
I bet Cipollini rocks one of those

Yep

SeanScott
10-21-2015, 09:17 AM
Ha ha, of course he does. What a Stud.

CampyorBust
10-21-2015, 09:17 AM
A cyclist car is bound to get beat up. You can baby it for years but then you find a guy selling 10 vintage bikes for a smoking deal and you have to take them all and fit them into/onto your car. So 2-3 go on the roof rack. Now 8 have to fit in your rear. Almost certainly a scratch or two will occur, after which you will no longer be able to drive your Ferrari for the shame will be too great.

Unless youć±·e the Sultan of Brunei I doubt any real cyclist would have the heart to wear and tear a Ferrari. Oh wait, Cipo how could I forget.

No a cyclist car has to be a either a hatch, wag or suv. Still while we are dreaming the sky Jags always caught my fancy.

enr1co
10-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Yep

Must be carrying someone elses bike - looks too small to be his? Interesting rack though with the machined looking rear wheel support tray.

AngryScientist
10-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Yep

awesome. way to find a relevant pic, bravo!:beer:

54ny77
10-21-2015, 12:04 PM
why is ferrari spinoff/ipo happening now, of all times in its history (understandably being a sub of a much larger conglomerate for some time)?

is fiat hurting, or is this the family/company/investors cashing out while the bubble's duct tape is still sticking?

AngryScientist
10-21-2015, 12:07 PM
why is ferrari spinoff/ipo happening now, of all times in its history (understandably being a sub of a much larger conglomerate for some time)?

is fiat hurting, or is this the family/company/investors cashing out while the bubble's duct tape is still sticking?

i was wondering the same, good question. :confused:

MattTuck
10-21-2015, 12:07 PM

I haven't looked in detail, but I heard the shares being offered are a small part of the business. Probably a publicity stunt to sell more ferrari's to traders.

AngryScientist
10-21-2015, 12:08 PM
I haven't looked in detail, but I heard the shares being offered are a small part of the business. Probably a publicity stunt to sell more ferrari's to traders.

if you want to see a publicity stunt, you should see the models that are hanging around the cars today dressed in their best Ferrari red.

Tony T
10-21-2015, 12:13 PM
if you want to see a publicity stunt, you should see the models that are hanging around the cars today dressed in their best Ferrari red.

Shh…….
Remember the "podium girl" controversy? ;)

FlashUNC
10-21-2015, 12:17 PM

Its a bit of moving around the deck chairs. The structure of the IPO means the bulk of the company control remains with the Agnelli's, the family who are Fiat's dominant shareholder, as Fiat only offered 10% of the outstanding Ferrari shares in the IPO.

Agnellis keep control of Ferrari, Fiat raises some cash to deal with debt, it removes a unit from Sergio's portfolio that would not see significant cost-savings from a merger with GM or someone else, which is his key pitch to get investors in those other carmakers to listen to his nutball plan.

But their ticker symbol is RACE, which is cool.

unterhausen
10-21-2015, 12:20 PM
one of the local undergrads has one of those hatchbacks.

tuxbailey
10-21-2015, 12:21 PM

This post is worthless without pictures. :rolleyes:

verticaldoug
10-21-2015, 01:08 PM
Its a bit of moving around the deck chairs. The structure of the IPO means the bulk of the company control remains with the Agnelli's, the family who are Fiat's dominant shareholder, as Fiat only offered 10% of the outstanding Ferrari shares in the IPO.

Agnellis keep control of Ferrari, Fiat raises some cash to deal with debt, it removes a unit from Sergio's portfolio that would not see significant cost-savings from a merger with GM or someone else, which is his key pitch to get investors in those other carmakers to listen to his nutball plan.

But their ticker symbol is RACE, which is cool.

A little different.
10% of the company is still owned outright by Agnelli family. Fiat-Chrysler will eventually distribute the remaining shares as a stock dividend to existing FCA holders. Sergio Marchionne doesn't think FCA is given credit for Ferrari in it's share price so wants to have it trade separately. Currently with Ferrari, FCA is only valued at $19b. So ex Ferrari, FCA is only worth about 10bln . . .