PDA

View Full Version : Lake MX145-X Winter Mtn Shoes - comments welcome

eolson124
10-17-2015, 03:10 PM
I just bought (but have not yet ridden) new Lake MX145-X Mtn shoes (which are thankfully extra wide). How do they hold up? Are they water resistant? Do you treat them? Is anyone familiar with this shoe?

commonguy001
10-17-2015, 03:46 PM
I've got a year on my pair and really like them. Not super warm but great for rides that are in that 25-45 temp range.
Very comfortable and they keep my feet dry. Never treated them but will say they look pretty used after a few rides although it doesn't impact the performance. I think they fit really well and like how unbulky they are.

Wore them for 3 hours this AM in 30-40 degree temps and was comfy the whole ride.

I think you'll like them:beer:

mtb_frk
10-17-2015, 09:00 PM
I just ordered some. I am usually ok in my normal shoes into the low 40s. I have some mavic boots but they are a bit much for this time of year.

mtb_frk
10-30-2015, 09:18 PM
I wore mine today for the first time. I wore two different socks with different thicknesses. It was 50 degrees and both feet were a bit hot. They are pretty comfortable and seem to fit me pretty good. This my first pair of boa shoes, adjusting them while I was riding was super easy. When I first started out I was getting some pain on my shin, a bit of the upper was bunched up and after a quick stop to adjust it was fine.

Neil
10-31-2015, 04:21 AM
They are waterproof, they are fairly tough, however the plastic coating in the boa laces stripped off and jammed the reals which meant i stopped using mine.

They are not very warm, either- what warmth they have is due to lack of vents rather than insulation.

If there was decent customer service in the UK I'd probably still be using them, but the boa issue has pretty much scrapped an otherwise decent pair of boots.

cv1966
10-31-2015, 12:16 PM
I'm looking for some winter shoes. Does Lake run pretty true to size?

eolson124
11-04-2015, 02:44 PM
I found the shoes to be true to size. However, after my first ride with the new shoes, fabric in the area of the tongue began to split along a seam. Unfortunately, these shoes are going back.

cv1966
11-04-2015, 09:27 PM
I found the shoes to be true to size. However, after my first ride with the new shoes, fabric in the area of the tongue began to split along a seam. Unfortunately, these shoes are going back.

Thanks
:crap:

Tandem Rider
11-05-2015, 05:44 AM
They are waterproof, they are fairly tough, however the plastic coating in the boa laces stripped off and jammed the reals which meant i stopped using mine.

They are not very warm, either- what warmth they have is due to lack of vents rather than insulation.

If there was decent customer service in the UK I'd probably still be using them, but the boa issue has pretty much scrapped an otherwise decent pair of boots.

I have had the same problem with Boa laces. I found out that Boas are/were made in two versions and are repairable. I bought my repair parts from a Specialized dealer, but any good outdoor gear dealer that sells footwear with Boas should be able to fix you up. They are a PITA to get "fished" through the little guide holes until you figure the technique out, but after that it's pretty easy.

Gummee
11-05-2015, 07:02 AM
Northwave makes a winter shoe as well.

Just got my pair, but haven't had to wear em yet 'cause its been in the 60s - 70s lately

M