PDA

View Full Version : OT: My Verizon bill & Google Project Fi

Ciavete
10-16-2015, 09:34 AM
So I got a mysterious $15 charge for "Unbilled Data for Prior Months." The chat agent explained they sometimes have to use other providers' towers, get charged for that, and pass it on later to their customers.

I suggested this seems to be a big open-ended billing liability. Anyway, it's probably in the ultra fine print service agreement I signed, so I guess it's on me. Still, might look into Google's new Project Fi. If anyone out there's tried it please share your experience.

Cheers.

GScot
10-16-2015, 09:52 AM
We'll keep this thread alive for a bit. I have Verizon with 2 unlimited data lines. Various tech sights and the internet rumor mill have stated that Verizon has plans to up the price on old unlimited plans beginning next month. In the past they have tried to cancel and to throttle until the FCC told them to cool it.

Now that Fi is a possibility I have asked for an invite and Google indicated about a 3 week wait. Should be good timing to see if Verizon jacks the price in November, if so I'll cancel and switch to Fi. Bad news with Fi is there only a couple of new Google Nexus phones compatible. I do have a friend in Chicago using Fi and happy with it.

roguedog
10-16-2015, 10:01 AM
bingo here too. waiting to see what new obstacle V throws us long standing customers.

thegunner
10-16-2015, 10:03 AM
i've used google fi and it was no different from my normal carrier (i live in NYC, so service with t-mobile was already pretty spotty, fi might've been better).

the nice thing was international travel, no change in sim - it just worked.

tlittlefield
10-16-2015, 10:06 AM
I have been using Virgin Mobile for about four years now. I get unlimited talk, text and Hig speed.data. They do say they throttle back the speed after 2.5 gigs but I have never experienced that.

All this for $35 a month.

You can get any phone from the latest Iphone, Androids etc but do do pay for them. But some reasonable ones a s well. I just got the fastest Motorola Moto G, Third Generation for $149. Really nice and fast phone for the $$$.

jlyon
10-16-2015, 10:17 AM
I am thinking about going to FI but it is not unlimited data it is a set $10 per Gig plus $20 a month for the calls and texting base service.

So other plans could be considerably cheaper if you use a lot of data.

MattTuck
10-16-2015, 10:25 AM
I've heard rumors about the unlimited data contracts (I have one too) I think they are just rumors to scare those customers into getting a new contract.

I don't use that much data. I just like having the option.