PDA

View Full Version : Vento G3 replacement rim only?

F150
10-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Does Campy sell individual rims? Drive side rear spokes pulling out, rim cracked at eyelets. Crazy "cluster of three" spoke configuration. Haven't seen any so assume Campy does not offer hoops alone.

ultraman6970
10-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Never seen vento rims for sale... and honestly for like 130 bucks you get the khamsin wheelset that is basically the same vento but probably heavier.

Kirk007
10-14-2015, 12:55 PM
G3 rims are frequently listed on ebay. Spendy though as pointed out.

oldpotatoe
10-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Does Campy sell individual rims? Drive side rear spokes pulling out, rim cracked at eyelets. Crazy "cluster of three" spoke configuration. Haven't seen any so assume Campy does not offer hoops alone.

How old? Original owner? Bought where if yes?

Ralph
10-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Contact jimingram@aol.com. Former Campy guy. Lives around here. He will know. He rebuilds them also.....or at least the Zonda's, Eurus, and Shamil's. He may have a steel spoke G3 rim lying around.

carpediemracing
10-14-2015, 07:43 PM
I had a Eurus set of wheels, steel spoke. Two actually - one mine, one a friend gave me after he bent both rims on a bit pothole at 45-50 mph. He knew I built wheels so he figured I could rebuild the bent wheels.

Couldn't find a rear rim. Friend of a friend spoke with Campy guy in Vista? CA. No luck. QBP carried them for a bit but was out by the time I looked (2009?). I picked up a front from them though, still haven't re-laced the rim. Sitting downstairs taped to the bad wheel/rim.

I gave the Eurus rear to someone that had a good rim but somehow managed to trash his hub.

Hank Scorpio
10-14-2015, 09:07 PM
I got an Eurus front from campy two years ago. This was for a 2006 wheel if I remember correctly but now that I think about it was a 2008. He told me it was the last one for that set he had. Now I need a rear.

F150
10-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Thanks, guys. Been on the SWA to Detroit, then drive to Lansing area this evening. More miles in the morn.

Original to a 2001 Bianchi San Mateo (?). Boss rode it in the MS150: Jack and Back ride a few weeks back (cuz he didn't want to get his new bike wet!) and mentioned the rim was out of true. "No problem, bring it in". I had my TS-2 in my office, proceed to take a look and notice one spoke flopping-loose. Start to tension and nothing happened, still super loose. Noticed the eyelet itself had pulled thru the hole, then I saw the crack. Rim parted like the Red Sea.

He's certainly gotten his money's worth out of this wheel. Dropped by Gran Fondo and owner remembered him, the make, model and year of bike (he sold the guy 14 yrs ago!), make, model and year bike he sold Boss' wife, then sold him a lightly use rear for what I thought a fair price. So, he's good to go for now.

I, too, mentioned the super cheap wheelset offerings from across the pond.