PDA

View Full Version : Can the inner side if the Sidi compression strap be loosened?

Veloo
10-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Or is it one direction (tighten) only?

Lewis Moon
10-14-2015, 09:50 AM
Pull up (out) on the little tab while simultaneously pulling on the strap. Decidedly not the best design, and it is hard to do, but work at it.

LJohnny
10-14-2015, 09:55 AM
They used to include a little "tool" with the shoes to do this. It was just like a plastic little tab that you inserted between the strap and the top of the attaching end. I have gently used a letter opener as well to do this. Good luck :)

Lewis Moon
10-14-2015, 10:04 AM
They used to include a little "tool" with the shoes to do this. It was just like a plastic little tab that you inserted between the strap and the top of the attaching end. I have gently used a letter opener as well to do this. Good luck :)

Never had one of those but that sounds about right. It's a pain in the butt doing it the "manual" way and it feels like you're going to damage the shoe. Probably wouldn't use a knife or screw driver. Letter opener is a good idea, just don't damage the "teeth" in the shoe.

Mikej
10-14-2015, 10:06 AM
Grab whole of the sidi part and pull and rock back and forth.

LJohnny
10-14-2015, 10:08 AM
Never had one of those but that sounds about right. It's a pain in the butt doing it the "manual" way and it feels like you're going to damage the shoe. Probably wouldn't use a knife or screw driver. Letter opener is a good idea, just don't damage the "teeth" in the shoe.

Indeed, that's why "gently" is the operative word. The gentle pull up should be aimed at the retaining end of the attaching end and not much at all on the strap teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wpod
10-14-2015, 10:40 AM
Grab whole of the sidi part and pull and rock back and forth.

Just did this in tandem with inserting a small screw driver, moving width wise across the 'teeth' and then removing, rocking while pulling out each click. Worked like a charm.

Thanks for posting as I've looked at this for a while and remained uncertain on how and not wanting to trash an otherwise great fit. :bike:

carpediemracing
10-14-2015, 07:44 PM
They do loosen up after a while. I have a piece of tape each shoe otherwise the belt/band thing slides over until I run out of ratchets on the outside of th shoe.